What turbo for a 01 civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

01civman

Any opinon on which turbo to get for a d17 01 civic coupe?

lmfao.....get a new car....

and to answer your original question.....a t3 .48

Originally posted by 01civman@Apr 21 2005, 10:09 AM
I want to go for power with a turbo.
[post=489557]Quoted post[/post]​

what i meant was we need to know how much power you want to make such as 250whp or something. different turbos are capable of different things.

yeah but he told it's a coupe, all coupes take the same turbo

actually as far as I know, the coupes take the same boost fluid and blinker fluid too

have to be careful though, because i think the viscosity is a little different from the boost fluid the hatchbacks are using now

i think you should bring it to a shop and have them install it.

no offense dude, but you don't sound remotely up to the task or mechanical ability it takes to pull off a complete turbo system build.

better to pay now than blow up later.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 21 2005, 01:41 PM
yeah but he told it's a coupe, all coupes take the same turbo

[post=489644]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry for my ignorance, but i don't quite understand why all coupes take the same turbo. i mean, can you not use different sizes. i know that you can do overkill or underkill with turbos but is there not at least a slight variety of sizes that the d17 could handle? just curious.

my monthly attempt at some resemblence of humor failed again :p

oh well

yeah, I personally get the vibe that you really have no idea what you're doing. Putting a turbo on a motor without much knowledge isn't a great idea. I'd recommend either expanding your knowledge, buying a kit, or having a shop install a setup for you.

Pick the wrong turbo for your motor and you could end up with a soggy unresponsive dog of a motor, where the turbo is nothing more than a restriction in the intake path

Thanks. You guys are right, i dont know much and am learning as much as i can, right now. I just want some imput from others who know more than me :worthy: , because i am starting to plan out my project. Thanks again

Back