What turbo is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

I bought this turbo for my ls/vtec project. I'm shooting for atleast 400whp (450 on meth). I know its a ball-bearing but I was wondering if anyone know the brand and if it'll hold up to the power levels im looking for? here are a few pics:

16galpe.jpg

169guwm.jpg

any and all help is appreciated. thanks

I don't know the brand but a real GT35R(I'm not saying yours isn't either) will more than make the power you're looking for.

garrett makes the gt series turbos.

a gt35R with a .70a/r will take you well into the 500's on a gsr

if it were garrett, wouldnt it have a name SOMEWHERE on the turbo? thanks for all the responses guys

i would guess that it is an ebay special.

i would not hook an oil feed line with out an oil restrictor

formby: so i should buy/run an oil restrictor? thanks a lot man for the help.

that was my next concern since this is egay..... WHAT CAN I DO TO THIS TURBO TO MAKE SURE IT HOLDS UP? ive heard someone say run a lock nut on the compressor turbine. and now as FORMBY stated, run an oil restrictor with the oil lines. any more suggestions? thanks again for the help

I talked this over with my cousin and he's running a -4 with .035 restrictor. He suggests that even with a -3 line i should still run a restrictor? he is also running a gt35r (his is a real garrett haha) on a built nissan 2.4

Back