Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XS Engineering

• TSI

• Cus

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slammed90Lude

guys help me make a decision, if i'm gonna go custom, i'm gonna start picking up parts slowly, but if you guys really recommend one of the above manufacturers, then i'll start saving- Thanks

Custom IMO, I just think it's easier just cause you're not paying for parts that you're gonna upgrade later anyway. But it's up to you.

FMAX, Revhard and DRAG I know are really good kits, haven't really heard too much about XS Engineering or TSI.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 16 2004, 08:12 PM
guys help me make a decision, if i'm gonna go custom, i'm gonna start picking up parts slowly, but if you guys really recommend one of the above manufacturers, then i'll start saving- Thanks

It all depends on how much power you wanna make and how much $$$ you wanna spend. List your goals. if you want little power, then just get a drag/revhard/fmax, but if you want big power then get a real kit. My integra has a drag kit, at 6 psi i put down 260. my civic has a full race kit, at 13 psi i put down 420. both were on pump gas and both have AC.

hmmm, i see- yeah i'm not looking for a monster or anything- my goals are far from that- I'm just looking for about what you said you got with the drag kit- I'd be pretty happy with 260- just looking to throw more pep into the civic and have a pretty quick spooling turbo that i could run down the drag strip or at a local autocross event- I'm not really interested in an all or nothing setup, ie before boost the car is slow and sluggish, i'd just like good all around power and a pretty wide powerband- that is all

was that 260hp with the drag kit on an otherwise stock b18c1?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 16 2004, 09:44 PM
was that 260hp with the drag kit on an otherwise stock b18c1?

It was actually a JDM GSR, so compression was pretty High, I just got a thicker HG, used a different turbo than the one the drag comes with, 310cc injectors, vafc, 255 hp fp, missing link, 12:1 fmu, tial wg and tial bov.

piece one together.

inlinepro mani
precision sc50 tuurrrrrrboooooo
pwr intercooler
custom piping
tial wg/tial bov
550 cc injectors
hondata
3" exhaust

theres your 260 whp on pump gas on 12-ish psi on a gsr

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 16 2004, 10:16 PM
i see, do you have any idea what i can expect from a stock drag kit on a stock b18c1- because the claims they make on www.turbo-kits.com are kinda vague- they say 75-100hp seems kinda unrealistic from 7 psi

I personally do not recommend Drag. My first drag kit didnt come with the right IC piping, and I never got the right ones. They claim bolt on, but you have to knotch the block and cut here and there. My second drag kit, Yeah i know i should have learned the 1st time, the piping was completely wrong. I think it would be better just to peice a kit together. this way, you can choose all what you want. in the drag kit, i threw away the check valves, the inline FP, the WG, the BOV, and the turbo. Might as well just piece a kit together. also, the drag DP that I had didnt fit and we had to smush it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 16 2004, 11:08 PM
piece one together.

inlinepro mani
precision sc50 tuurrrrrrboooooo
pwr intercooler
custom piping
tial wg/tial bov
550 cc injectors
hondata
3" exhaust

theres your 260 whp on pump gas on 12-ish psi on a gsr

thats probably an easy 300hp for the gsr. but im not to familiar with the sc50's

hey b, do you have any idea of a rough price that all that stuff will vost- I'm gonna check it out myself, but i just wanted to see if you had a rough idea-

and ya think that a completely stock gsr can handle 12ish psi of boost with proper fueling and hondaaaaaaaaaaaata?

and one more q- where can i find this stuff? i found the intercoolers, but the manifold and turbo are kinda hard to find? unless my retardation is kicking back in

inlinepro mani- inlinepro.com i believe its 499 or 599
precision sc50 - precisionte.com 700
pwr intercooler - pwr.com.au - 400-ish
custom piping - yourlocalpipeshop.biz - depends
tial wg/tial bov - all over the net. wirespeed.com is a good one 200-250 a pop
550 cc injectors - 250 rceng.com, or wired again
hondata - 500 - wired
3" exhaust 550 - wired

tuned properly, there is no reason why a stock gsr won't hold 12 psi off the sc50.

300 hp is fine for a stock block, if its tuned.
hell, theres dudes running 350+ stock ls blocks- tuned.

jesus- thanks a ton brian- that all looks great- I'm going to start putting the parts together so i can be boosted by the middle to end of summer- there is a place about 30 minutes from my house that installs and tune hondata- so i i think i'll take it there once i get all the parts installed and ready to run- the price of those parts is less than most of the kits and gives me the chance to choose exactly what parts i want insteead of some of the generic crap that comes with the cheaper kits- thanks again b

and what A/R ratio am i looking at for this turbo? .48 or .60

depends on your goal.

.48 will spool faster
.63 will make more power

im running a .63 turbine, and a .70 compressor.

yeah i'm all about the quick spool- I have no need for a monstrously powerful car, although that does sound really really fun- but like i said above i'd like something that could be moderately quick at the strip and still have light enough lag to do a little auto x with

they are all highly over rated.
remember, a turbo doesn't make HP- YOUR motor does.

the HIGHEST sc61 dyno i've seen on a honda put 615 whp out.
they rate it for like 900

back to the top one last time- I wanted to check with some of the boost veterans and make sure that a similar setup will work on a sotck b16a- Will i be able to run about the same boost levels on a USDM b16a2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back