What type of machine do they use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

Alright guys, big question... What type of plotter do they use to create the vinyl stickers and what program do they use. I think imma buy one of those machines for my own use since I always have bad luck getting those dumb stickers made...

Thanks in advance,

Nacho

Find a good shop. Other than that, just google it. I know the plotters and all the shit you need will run you a couple grand.

go check out ebay...

search for Roland Stika

my friends boss got one for making the company name to put on excavation equipment... and also for making detour/road work signs...

its not a commercial one, but its GREAT for limited use
very easy to use, they had no problems with it...
very happy with it, and its cheap enough for small businesses...

they have 8", 12", and 15" and more...
nice little machines...
comes with software and fonts etc...

when i was looking for my friends boss i found a lot of high priced ones, but this seems to be the best priced starter package out there... under 1K...
i think the 8" goes for under 500 but its been a while

i think my friends boss got the 12 or 15

Nacho...what do ya need to know..I work @ WB in their sign shop. I've used plotters since they were first invented. Pm me what you wanna know and I give you all the info ya want.

matt

Originally posted by One Stop Customs+May 2 2005, 09:43 AM-->
Alright guys, big question... What type of plotter do they use to create the vinyl stickers and what program do they use. I think imma buy one of those machines for my own use since I always have bad luck getting those dumb stickers made...
[post=493980]Quoted post[/post]​
Originally posted by reckedracing@May 2 2005, 09:55 AM
search for Roland Stika
[post=493989]Quoted post[/post]​

Roland is decent- I've used one before.
mdlax1
@May 2 2005, 08:22 PM
you'll spend a few grand on the plotter and software...
[post=494215]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah, you can get a new 12" for just over $1000, and you can probably find it used for cheaper than that.

so in your opinions, how well does the Roland Stika 12" perform for doing regular vinyl stickers, not doing it as a business just to give my customers stickers... :)

hmmm, its kind of an large investment, but if you figure the stickers will be advertising for your company then its not too bad...

the roland is kinda slow, but i have no idea what the normal speed of those things are...
i know it cuts very well, is very easy to use, and the skies the limit as far as fonts and designs...

and it can make long banners etc up to 12" high...
i think you'll end up using it for a lot more than just stickers for advertising...
its amazing how many times you'll use it once you already have it...

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 3 2005, 08:52 AM
hmmm, its kind of an large investment, but if you figure the stickers will be advertising for your company then its not too bad...

the roland is kinda slow, but i have no idea what the normal speed of those things are...
i know it cuts very well, is very easy to use, and the skies the limit as far as fonts and designs...

and it can make long banners etc up to 12" high...
i think you'll end up using it for a lot more than just stickers for advertising...
its amazing how many times you'll use it once you already have it...
[post=494430]Quoted post[/post]​

awesome, thank you bro, I'm just going to go ahead and get the 12" stika next month hehee... Been having bad luck with sticker businesses... I went to a "KNOWN" import performance shop in Lennox, CA., they are very popular in making cars, etc... but they bs'd me with the sticker for two weeks, so I gave up.

Then i went to a Co. that does banners, etc... and same shit...
Went to a guy in phoenix that said that he could do them for me at $.65 x 100, and its been four weeks and nothing yet...
I tried another guy recently and same thing... So that's why I am just thinking of getting my own machine...

this is my logo, the small OSC in the middle... its an oval and OSC inside of it... nothing difficult...
osclayitlowbusinesscard.gif

you might wanna look into the roland program some more before you buy it..

over lapping letters can be tricky... and i dunno if they have that exact font, but you can always buy/download more fonts...

and you are looking for one piece vinyl stickers right?

the only way i see that working is having the oval be all solid and have the letters be cut out of the oval...

not sure if thats what you;re really looking for or not...

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 3 2005, 09:55 AM
you might wanna look into the roland program some more before you buy it..

over lapping letters can be tricky... and i dunno if they have that exact font, but you can always buy/download more fonts...

and you are looking for one piece vinyl stickers right?

the only way i see that working is having the oval be all solid and have the letters be cut out of the oval...

not sure if thats what you;re really looking for or not...
[post=494458]Quoted post[/post]​

yep, just a 1 piece sticker... don't need anything fancy. Just the logo and One Stop Customs on the bottom... that's it... before I buy the machine though, I am going to email the Stika company and tell them if there software will let me do the logo though... if not I can always run the One Stop Customs Coils sticker... or OSC COils... BLAH!!! LOL thanks for helping me out though, I appreciate it...

hey nacho...i have a friend based out of riverside who could hook you up on any stickers or the equiptment you need...call him up 661-317-5794...tell him chris sent you

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@May 3 2005, 04:01 PM
hey nacho...i have a friend based out of riverside who could hook you up on any stickers or the equiptment you need...call him up 661-317-5794...tell him chris sent you
[post=494605]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you thank you... what's his name?

Originally posted by One Stop Customs+May 3 2005, 08:59 PM-->
B16RacerN2NR
@May 3 2005, 04:01 PM
[post=494605]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you thank you... what's his name?
[post=494679]Quoted post[/post]​

his name is Justin...since chris is a common name, tell him the one that used to work with him at KFC, if he ask.

Back