what walbro to get

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lohonda

I am going to turbo my ls with hondata for tuning and dsm 450cc injectors etc. I was wondering what walbro I should get. I am going to go for about 220 whp. Eventually I am going to make more hp when I build the engine. Should I get a walbro 255 lph or 255 lph hp? What is the downside to going with the hp? Also what is the cheapest place to buy it from?

Thanks

Originally posted by lohonda@Feb 15 2005, 09:32 PM
I am going to turbo my ls with hondata for tuning and dsm 450cc injectors etc. I was wondering what walbro I should get. I am going to go for about 220 whp. Eventually I am going to make more hp when I build the engine. Should I get a walbro 255 lph or 255 lph hp? What is the downside to going with the hp? Also what is the cheapest place to buy it from?

Thanks
[post=461461]Quoted post[/post]​

I say get the 255lph as well. You might be able to get away with the 190lph, but go with the 255lph.

The 255 is only around $50 right?

unless your going to get a fuelpressure regulator and what not dont get the HP, it messes up the fuel pressure. And if ur goin for 220hp the stock FP is good enough. The more you can keep stock the better.

The HP stands for High Pressure, that will increase the pressure of your stock system. Therefore you will need to get a regulator, and gauge and what not to tune it, where as the other one will utilize your stock set fuel pressure.

Now im not 100% sure on all this, but I had the same question and when i looked around, there was a good explination on HMT that basically said just that. That the HP was more of a hassle than an asset for most applications that arent making like 500 plus horsepower.

edit: oh and the price ive always seen is about 90-100 bucks to your door

and i found one thread on it on HMT, some pple say what i said, some run it with their stock FPR, well here it is. The one i reffered to before i couldnt find.

http://www.draglab.com/fr/index.php?board=...;threadid=34484

i never even saw the HP... but I got the regular one for i believe $87 to my door. I can't remmeber the site, but I know ebay's got them for around the same price.

the HP will work fine with the stock pressure regualtor. I ran it with mine right at oem 42 psi with the stock regualtor.

It will not only supply more volume, it will also supply more pumping pressure---- not necessarily rail pressure.

the HP is not necessary for 220 whp, thats for sure, and you'll run out of 450cc injectors before you run out of the pump.

you can get a 255lph for $94 overnighted from lightning motorsports. the HP is a waste of money and you can get your goals on your stock fuel pump.

Back