What water pump do I need for H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bryan Tavel

So, I just bought a Prelude yesterday, I was a VW guy so I can work on cars pretty well. Anyways, the car has a H22A swap in it to which I don't think was done fully right so I'm going to need to get some harnesses etc. But to the point, the gauges in the car are messed up because the person that had the car took them apart to paint them. Well, the temp gauge always says hot, well today while driving I noticed the car had a miss to it so I took a closer look. I am noticing a very loud noise coming from the engine. I haven't really pin pointed it however, the radiator isn't building any pressure no matter how long it runs and I noticed the fans were not engaging at all. I then noticed the down hose isn't getting warm at all. I changed the thermostat which now, I'm not sure if they gave me the correct one as I went to buy a distributor cap and they gave me the wrong one. But, I put it in, the design was a bit different however length etc was the same. But, back to the water pump, what all should I change while in there? I am going to do timing belt for sure but was wondering if their was anything else in there I should take care of. Also, what water pump can I run in the car? Links would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Check out hondapartsunlimited.com for OEM parts. Just use the chassis for the motor and make sure it is the H22A. Decent prices and quality OEM parts (lIke a water pump or dizzy cap).

To start, I would flush the coolant system and go through all the wiring connections.

Back