what way should the subs fire.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i had the 0/1awg wiring from my previous setup. i payed alot of money so of course i just had to use it. Once i get the new box and optima battery i'll crank it up and see how this thing sounds. The box looks like crap but so far its working. The amp is doing well but i havent quite tuned it perfectly yet.

Last edited:
If its an Ext. Cab always fire the subs off the floor. JL Audio was smart when they designed their stealth boxes. If its a Regular cab. Do a cut through or just deal with shitty sounding bass.. :)

well my simple box design although looks like shit sounds just fine for now. I'm gonna pay a reputable stereo shop to build me a slot ported box for my truck. He showed me their software that they use to build the boxes. Its awesome. He told me that pretty much eliminated the whole ' sealed boxes are cleaner and tighter' theory. He played some NIN in his chevy extended cab with his 4 Juggernaut 15's. Now these subs to me are strickly spl subs. He had a port the size of my freaking speaker box and i could not hear any port noise. It was loud as fuck and yet still tight.

Thats what i'll be doing. And of course i will post pics. That and getting some new speaker for the rear. thats about it.

Want to know something. This is no lie.

I used to build the Juggernaut subs about 4 years ago. I used to work with John Henry out here in Omaha building them. He had the Green Van setting records a while back in 98 and 99 and we used to build them for MMats and also I used to build all the Treo Lines.

Small world huh.. I used to run a pair of Juggernaut 12's with a D300HC per sub in my Old Eclipse. I had a huge vented box for them firing off the rear glass. The car used to be able to pull 145's out at around 32hz.

Last edited:
can you get me some?lol you lucky bastard

mmatts pwns. i wanted those amps. I just coudnt afford them.

I have been out of the Car Audio business for about 3 years.. I had a strong about 10 years in the industry installing and also sales but it just came to where I didn't like it anymore. My hobby became work, I started disliking Audio and the people I was speaking to. I am not blaming the internet but it did kill alot of the Local Shops in and around people's areas. It made it real tough for the Non "Big Box" retailers to succeed. So I got out of the industry awhile ago.

loving wife's for the win!

S7002076.jpg

bump for pics of the new setup

Back