What weight oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I'm installing my drag turbo kit, and it suggests 20W50 oil... Is that right? What weight of oil do you guy's use? In my car now is, 5W30 full synthetic. Will that still work? BTW, it's a JDM B16A w/ a T3/T04 turbo at 8lbs. of boost. Thanks for your help!

Can anyone with a turbo'd civic/integra tell me what weight oil they use? Thanks again.

Yea..5 maybe 10w30. But Honda reccomends 5w30, so use that unless you've built the motor to accept thicker oil.

Is there any difference between 10W30 regular oil, and synthetic for a turbo car? Is it okay to run full synthetic on a turbo? Thanks again for the help!

The only difference is that synthetic is more expensive, but lubricates better. I personally would put synthetic in my turbo car, I put in in my stock DX too. That's why when you build an engine you want to use regular oil first so the rings will seat faster, and then switch to synthetic once the engine is broken in. Go for synthetic :D

Really...? 20W50.... I thought that would mess my motor up running that thick of an oil. Can someone give me a straight answer. Thanks.

Back