What Went Wrong?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hi guys, the motor is in the engine bay and i got a 97 ex soch vtec wire harness for $50 from a jurkyard and I wired up everything myself, I follow color code and all wires and plugs fit perfectly until three plugs that were plug onto some plugs on the intake madifold, these wires have different colors, but they fit into the other plugs on the madifold (but I just not sure where each wire should be pluged and I did what I think seen to be right) for the ex wireharness, there are four plugs for the four injector and one extra, do you guys know where is this extra plug goes? anyways, I start the engine after wired everything up and the engine starts on the first try, but the noise coming from the engine is loud as hell, its not because I dont have the intake pipe to the throtle body and the exhaust down pipe is not connecting, the noise is coming from the engine. To my best knowlege, the engine make that kind of noise because the mixture of fuel and air are not equal, and also the header is hot as hell after 20 second from started the engine...anyone knows what went wrong??? could it be wires that pluged incorrectly? please help. thanks

OK first off without hooking up the b pipe you couln't hear anything I'm sure. hook it up and check for ecu codes. also I think one sensor is supposed to be in the pipe going to your throttle bodt, so it would be best to hook that up too. If you got codes what are they?

:D Ok, no haters in here please. If you dont feel like giving up your knowlege to help others then dont post, and please dont leave unpresent post. I have to admit that when come to wirring, I have no idea whatsoever, but at least I managed to wire up everything and the engine start. I know its hard, but I will eventually have it running soon after I am done with my finals which will be on the 15 of this May. Thanks for your inputs.

Hey, read somwhere that you're from MN. Just wound'n were exactly. I'm here in the Twincities, St Paul to be exact. If you're having problems with wireing, do you have a repair manual. I've got a Hayes repair manual, at the back of the book, it has a section for all the wires in the engine bay. Look for the wires and their color, match'em up to the correct wire color in the book. From what I remember, all the wires uses different color except when it comes to a ground wire. Try to see if any of this helps. Good luck on 'em finals. They suck when you worry about your car. :lol:

Back