What wheels and size should be used?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Redirwol1

Alright I have a car.... :D
DSCN0345.jpg

....that I would like to put wheels on. But I am not sure which ones or how big. :huh: I would like to go with 16 inch wheels such as a Rota Slipstream or Gridlocks. But I do not know if I were to put them on my car if they were to rub? What do you think? :blink:

...by the way, those are 13 inch steelies on my car with a 70 series rubber just to give you and idea. :unsure:

Originally posted by formby@Jan 3 2005, 01:47 PM
yes they will fit
you can fit 18"
[post=440510]Quoted post[/post]​

well that depends on how much the car is lowered....

.that I would like to put wheels on. But I am not sure which ones or how big. I would like to go with 16 inch wheels such as a Rota Slipstream or Gridlocks. But I do not know if I were to put them on my car if they were to rub? What do you think?

they should fit, but is your car lowered on coilovers or just springs? because if your on coilovers, just adjust them with the new wheels on so they fit

If you plan on racing I woulnd't go more than 15". Some 14" HX/VX rims would look good on that hatch IMO.

Well. I plan on doing a little organized racing here and there. Nothing serious. I want to be able to have some style and some raciness appeal at the same time. Thats why I want to do 16s, not too big, not too small. I believe the car is lowered like 2 inches. They are just springs, not coil overs.

Originally posted by Redirwol1@Jan 3 2005, 02:16 PM
Well. I plan on doing a little organized racing here and there. Nothing serious. I want to be able to have some style and some raciness appeal at the same time. Thats why I want to do 16s, not too big, not too small. I believe the car is lowered like 2 inches. They are just springs, not coil overs.
[post=440618]Quoted post[/post]​

Honestly if you are going to do some "organized racing" light wheels will help you out. Plus Good sizes are availible in 15inch from more tire companies than 16 inch. That is not to say that there aren't good 16 inch tire sizes, but that 15s will help to keep you competative.

Actually, there are quite a few good tires that aren't available until you get to a 16 inch wheel.

I would either go with a 15 or 16 inch wheel, raise the car up a bit (you're dropped more than 2 inches from the looks of the picture), then pick a good tire out that's suited to your type of racing.

Well the original question here....lets just say the car is lowered 2 1/1 inches, non adjustable....would i be able to sit 16s under there nicely and not have any worries about scraping or rubbing things??

Yeah, you can run 16 inch wheels under there are be ok. Keep your tire size to 205/40/16 if you're on the stock engine/transmission so you can keep your speedometer and odometer accurate. Make sure you get the correct offset on your wheels too.

what things must one consider as far as picking the correct offset...usually i see people get 40
calesta

Go to www.tirerack.com
choose to shop for wheels.
select your car, and your color.
see what diffrent rim sizes look like on your car....then decide.
If you havent seen this before, check it out. It's pretty cool.

Back