What will it hold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man I am tired of hearing different stories of what a F22 stock internals will hold in HP. Yeah we know the pistons the weakest link. Yeah we know the sleeves are cast iron. But Im tired of hearing people talk about there 335whp on a stock SOHC f22. Then I hear they only hold 250hp, Then you have the few stating that theres blew up at 230hp. I dont want to know what is the safest and dangerous boost psi. Who knows the amount of CFM can the block hold ?

What could be done as far as upgrades (turbo, injectors, exhaust, ect) to achieve 335whp on stock Block w/ Stock internals ?

If the block is capable of holding 250whp then why would a motor blow with less horse power? Ok I know milage has a factor . Lets say its around 20-40k miles. :cool:

some will hold it some will blow,, ive seen stock honda motors take 40psi befor they blew and ive seen some that has blown at 12 it hit or miss just build it for boost to start with.

Yeah I know all motors taken boost should be sleeved, piston, rods ,ect. But why such a large hit and miss , there has to be a reason .

Do a compression test before you even boost, that will tell you a lot.

I ran 17psi on mine for awhile before it died. The motor had over 200K so I wasnt surprised it died. This is also with a smaller turbo though. Prolly only going to run 14-15max with the T3/T4.

I've heard 300ish to the wheels is the max for a stock block. I'm sure it could be pushed a bit more, but the longevity will suffer.

No way the stock ring lands are holding 14 psi from a t3t4, Done blew a motor pushing it. A low milage f22 vtec at that. Will the sleeves hold 300whp all day ? This doesnt pretain to my motor , Just got the bill for my motor work . OUUUUCCCHHHH

Attachments

• bill of sale.doc
    170.5 KB · Views: 363
A kid on Hondatech made a lil over 300whp running 15psi with the same turbo I'm using now. Daily driven with some mileage on it too.

Yeah every f22 is differerent , depending on the abuse and tune . I have yet to see this 300 or more whp on stock internals. All I know is that 14 psi t3t4 on stock pistons = BOOM!!......... well in my case it did.

The more miles on a block (assuming its still in good shape), the better the block will hold up to boost (in general). You really can't say anything generally when talking about motors, but seasoning does go a long way for holding boost. I read about one guy who did Nissans, he wouldn't touch a block with less than 200K on it. As far as rings/pistons/valves/etc. its always going to be hit or miss with stock, no way of knowing how that part was treating up until you, or whether or not its still up to snuff.

Yup, pretty much just for the block though, I dont think it applies to everything else. The reason being over the years all the smaller pores in the metal get filled in strengthening the overall piece. In addition, weaker blocks will have a tendency to be dead already, leaving you with the more quality pieces.

nope i have seen and done it myself more then a few time and high milage block better for boost yah right and im the president of the us, it all in the tune

Nobody's written in this thread for over a month dude, plus the original poster was banned.

well this mite be out of place but does anyone no wat kinda hp u can force out of a f22b1 dats freshly rebuilt..without turboing?and wat parts would get me there?

I would just save up and boost. You would be wasting your money to try and make a N/A F22b1. You can built that motor for boost and see 400whp no problem. You can make a beast N/A motor. Going to cost you out the ass and not to many people make parts for our motors... SO most of the shit has to be custom made. Say a stroker kit. Crank, rods, pistons. Oh about 3500. Not to mention the block sleeve. oh about 800-1400. Not to include the 1500-3000 head work. And the list goes on and on. So building a N/A F22b1 Sohc Vtec. Could be a torque beast. But you have to ask yourself. Is it worth it to you to spend thousands and thousands trying to get 300 hp, You can build and boost for cheaper and see well over that. Like I say it all depends on the wallet size and what you want.

You do know that you can swap h22 and thats a motor worth building for N/A. Also most HP parts are on the shelf.

As far as parts to get you there. Uhhhhhhhh EVERYTHING !!!!!

ok ok i get wat your saying...ok well my inital plan was to swap out the auto,and do few siple things,cold air,full exhaust,all msd ignition or wat ever i can find for that and things like that i figgerd with all that id get 40 er 50 horses...i initally ony wanted about 200 ponies...but then i landed a good job so when my oans from school are settled away i can do sum shit im lookin at investing 15 g's counting body so i figgerd 6-7 g'scould do my engine some good ..i wanted to strip it downand put in all new seals and gaskets and new set of rings and better pistons...but now i dont no the cost of doing that so ike isaid im estimateing...my uncle owns a garage so labour is about as simple as a couple dozen beer haha....but for boost what will i need to do? and how much $$$ ike i said 250 be tops id want..f22b1 by the way

Back