What would cause this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
Something is strange with my car. At when I go to rev it in nuetral, the revs rise up just fine, but drop down to idle even though I am holding the throttle plate open trying to maintain the revs.

Furthermore, when cruising at speed under little load, the same thing happens. Normally, during level cruising on the highway, vacuum should be atleast 10 in. Hg. Unless I am deep in the throttle, the car just acts like its misfiring and the car slows down. Because I have to be deep in the throttle, it is running at like 0 vacuum.

Diring light acceleration, the same symtoms are happening. I cannot leizurly accelerate. Unless I am deep in the throttle, nothing happens, and when it finally does "fire" at a certain throttle position, it feels fine. Its like the car has an on/off switch at a certain throttle position. Drivabity sucks, and the gas mileage is terrible.

The car is a b18c supercharged civic running 440's with hondata. WOT is fine, so I don't think its in the tune. (tune is from jackson racing for my setup). Im not getting any CEL's either. I've done alot of searching on this and can't find anything. Any ideas?

try the tps sensor.... i had a really really bad one and it was kinda doin the same in my integra.... wouldnt go anywhere but when i floored it it went.. and it kinda stuttard...

yeah the tps is my guess. With hondata I can datalog the tps sensor, and it shows that its working. Im gonna get a new one and just pray it does the trick. At this point im just throwing money at it.

Back