what would happen if i just...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

ok i am doing a b18b swap in my crx and im gonna run it obd-0 but i have a obd-1 throttle body which means the MAP should be on the throttle body instead of the firewall but what would happen in i just blocked off the vaccum line that goes to the MAP sensor? would the car run or would i just throw a code?

as long as the one on the throttle body is bolted on and the wiring is plugged in, you can cap that vacuum line with no problems..

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Dec 17 2003, 05:43 PM
i mean without the sensor tho......just keeping my map on the firewall and no re-wiring would it work?

you still have to get the sensor air from a line...here, just do this, go find the obd 1 map and extend the wires/move as maybe necessary...it will work best

don't be cheap get a conversion harness obd0 to obd1 and run the correct ecu etc and your car will run proper want to mess with wiring etc

it will throw the map code if not plugged in how will u run the map when its on the manifold :spin:

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Dec 17 2003, 05:29 PM
ok i am doing a b18b swap in my crx and im gonna run it obd-0 but i have a obd-1 throttle body which means the MAP should be on the throttle body instead of the firewall but what would happen in i just blocked off the vaccum line that goes to the MAP sensor? would the car run or would i just throw a code?

i did the same swap but switched to obd 1....btw, i have the obd 0 PR4 ecu that you would need...email me if you want it.

inspecta83@hotmail.com

i already have the ecu thnx but i was just wondering about the MAP sensor. and now i bought one and its on the way oh and not getting the conversion harness does not make me "cheap" why do something that doesnt need to be done its only making shit harder then its gotta be. -mike

Back