What Would It Take?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22adelslow?

TEAMBEAR!
so guys what would it take for my sol to maybe run mid to low 13s. im thinking about putting maybe like 5gs to the motor by the end of this year. what would really be a good list of mods to do on this car. i would not want to strip the car as there really isnt much to take out of it. its a del sol with a soon to be h22a. damn it i want my car back! its getting the motor installed right now. would this really be a reacheable goal without turbo? get nick recomends me getting a turbo and celeste says 200whp isnt that hard to get on an h22 motor. but would that be enough to make me reach my goal? 13.5 1/4 would be just great for me. im supposed to get my car back this friday maybe thursday and i cant wait to see what i can do with that thing. how light is a del sol anyways? ive read 2700 and then ive seen 2300pounds somewhere else. which one would it be. i will post some pictures of the car as soon as i can. think i can take a mustang 1995gt?

it's pretty easy man....you keep asking the same stuff. we all suggest you read a lot. read the past threads about h22 stuff. i'm not trying to be a dick, but you have about 3 or 4 threads on this now. if you want to run a 13.5 with your h22, find your budget. you can do it for $2000 if you want. I/H/E and some cams will get you to 13.5. make sure you get really good tires and you will be close. if you get a turbo kit and slicks, you will be around 13.0 on low boost. it all depends on what you want to do.

yes i guess your right i have been asking the same thing over and over. sorry its just that well im over doing it on this whole swap thing i guess. i will shut my mouth from now on. thanks for replying anyways

h22adelslow? said:
yes i guess your right i have been asking the same thing over and over. sorry its just that well im over doing it on this whole swap thing i guess. i will shut my mouth from now on. thanks for replying anyways

you don't have to shut your mouth. just take a deep breathe and enjoy your h22 first. you may be happy with that. get I/H/E and go from there. you may find that is fast enough. enjoy the new swap!!!

"think i can take a mustang 1995gt?"

My brother's stock prelude can take a 95 Mustang GT, so I'm pretty sure your much-lighter del sol will have no problems... provided you know how to drive it.

well i know im an ok driver i guess. learning many things right now. i got heel and toe down fo sho. i cant get heel toe plus double clutch while downshifting yet, something like that haha if what you mean is if i know how to launch the car? i dont think it would be that difficult but then again all i had was a single cam.

Back