1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would U Do With $350 For Hp

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by flyguy7732, Feb 14, 2003.

1. flyguy7732

flyguy7732 Junior Member

Ok i have an 89 CRX SI ...im droppin a b16a in it this weekend....and im gonnna have about $350 to play with right after the swap i know its not alot but i wanna do something for that amount that will add the most horsepower for now being... what should i do?

2. onefastcivic

onefastcivic Senior Member

AEM intake werd :hitit:

3. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

You could get yourself a custom exuast system bent, and still get a CAI, or get a header, if you plan on staying NA.

4. flyguy7732

flyguy7732 Junior Member

ok well i plan on a turbo in the future ...so i dont wanna do headers ..thanx for the idea though .

5. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

AEM V2 Cold Air Intake....they have reported a 14.9hp gain at the wheels on a D16Y7 motor. Imagine what it will do for your B16.

6. mwvnos

mwvnos Senior Member

get a used nos kit....thats power for cheap!! :D

7. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

yea, i've heard alot of stuff about those v2's, i've heard alot of hype about them having big gains, i guess somebody's gonna have to buy it and test it out...

anyway, what i would do IMO is i would get an exhaust and get the piping for it.
    i have a ES oval muffler on my ride right now and it only cost me like 95 bucks. i'm pretty sure some of you have heard about that muffler. it looks stock and has a nice sound to it. plus, you would have money to spare to go to jack n the box or somethng and get 2 tacos for 99 cent. mMmMM

peace!

ps: i would post a pic of my car w/ the muffler but dont know how, any help?

8. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

If it is saved to your computer, go to the "The gallery is now open!" link at the top of the page, create a gallery, upload photos, then once you have it uploaded, right click to find out the properties. There will be something like sourse of webadress, copy that and once you want to put it in a thread, go to the IMG button then just paste the web adress there. (i know others could have said it in less words sorry)

Back to cars. Is turbo a defent yes? If it is but it might be like a few months, make yourself a CAI. All parts needed will cost you under $70 and does just as good as the good old AEM system. Go to teamdelsol.com and in there how-to's or tech, they have a good write up on how to do it. (it is for a del sol but it is basicly the same.)

9. Darivative

Darivative Guest

Your in the price range for a nice intake manifold, definitly a power adder.

10. Havok

Havok Senior Member

you have to relocate the battery for an intake to the hatch on B16A rexes, so....I'd say skunk2 IM from ALLJDM

11. beau_safken

beau_safken Senior Member

LEts see...

If you are good on ebay and partstrader you can easily find stuff for your ride.

Heres what I did...I had to get a header. intake, and exhaust for under 350 dollars. Check this out

Ebay:

AEM short air intake: 72 dollars shipped
    Powertech 4-2-1 ceramic header: 163 dollars shipped

Parts trader:

5Zigen Fireball cat-back exhaust: 200 Shipped

Ok so I am over but if you find a brand new 5Zigen catback I bet you would find the money damn quick to get it too. :)

12. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Used nitrous kit- there have been several ZEX kits posted here in the past few weeks that could have been bought for that price.

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

save the 350 for the turbo.

everything above that was psoted will simply be thrown out down the road. so why bother.

plan ahead, save money.

don't do what i did. lol buy swap- by 3123123 parts for it. change mind. sell out. take 50% loss. start over like an asshole. lather, repeat if desired

14. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

i agree with brian if it is a for sure thing you are getting a turbo, then logically you wont need a CAI, it will go to no use besides the filter... exhaust, you will prolly have to upgrade it when you do get your turbo kit... only things i can think of for you t get that will help later when you get the turbo? larger throttle body, and intake manifold port matched... but TBs are expensive now-a-days... look for a used one that has been ported

but with 350... put it away in your bank account and save for the turbo or some internal work so that when you do strap on the turbo you will be less likely to blow your motor in the long run or under heavy boost

15. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

yea, if you're going turbo for sure, i agree with all the peeps here, you might as well save your moola and go big when you have the dough

peace!

16. flyguy7732

flyguy7732 Junior Member

alright ..thanx alot guys that sounds good ..i think i will prolly look for a ported throttle body and then just save...i appreciate the help ..thanx again

17. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

It should all go into the bank and save up for an engine swap. Why piss a lot of money on mods that will give you like 2 hp when you can do a swap and get better gains with more potential.

18. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

i do believe he is already about to swap a b16a... and he has an extra 350 laying around from the swap CASH that he wanted to put in the car or save for the turbo...

swap was already done :)

19. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

I know this is going to get you any power but why not put the money away and save up for a brake upgrade(or buy used components online, I personally don't recommend used braking system parts this but I'm trying to cover all aspects) if you don't already have one. This is the part that most people neglect. With all that extra power of a B16 and a turbo you might need to start thinking about bringing that car to a stop.

20. JDM_Civic07

JDM_Civic07 Junior Member

NOS KIT!!! then you could always to 2 1/2 in. piping if u have money left over. just check out e-bay for the nos kit or damn just ask around... :spin:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted