What would yall do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Long story short. the Sol has bad caster on the RF. rubs from time to time turning sharper turns going over bumps (like entering driveways etc) I think this is gonna be a grande problem with auto-x. Cars already been raised a bit, neg. camber added, inner fender trimmed etc.

Would you guys spend the time/money racking the frame or whatever the hell would be done to fix it right? Im not talking about drilling new holes for the shock and just moving it forward. OR just sell the damn thing and start over with something else?

-Chris

when i drove my civic over the 8' stone wall, a local mechanic just put it on a lift, and loosened the 4 rack bolts. he then "pursuaded" the rack forward and torqued everything down. fixed my problem.

try that? :D

Does the frame have any visual hints that it has been bent, like wripples in the metal or something like that?

If not, try picking up spindles, LCA's, UCA's, and a subframe from a junkyard. This will probally get it close to spec.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 29 2004, 09:52 PM
a subframe from a junkyard.

oops thats what i meant. not the rack. B)

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 29 2004, 10:52 PM
Does the frame have any visual hints that it has been bent, like wripples in the metal or something like that?

Good question. So BlackFrog, have you put your sol on one of the lifts at your job to do a close visual inspection yet?

Even though you can't see any wrinkles or creases doesn't mean that it's not bent. It'd be cheaper and quicker to have the subframe pulled, than installing a new one, because either way, you're going to have to align the car.

Caster is not adjustable in Hondas, and if you're doing more than just using the car for going from point A to B, you MUST have a straight frame. If you don't, there's no sense in doing any mods to it. Do it right the first time and quit fucking around with micky mouse bullshit patches that cover an existing problem.

Things to do prior to bringing it in to the body shop:
-Check for wrinkles, cracked seam sealer, chipping/flaking off paint
-Measure the subframe by taking a measuring tape, take down measurements from the center of the rear right bolt to the front left bolt left rear to right front etc. If the subframe/frame is straight the measurements should be within 5mm or so.
Just to give you an idea for prices we charge 1.5 hours for set-up and measuring alone @ $65\hr

Back