What would you do for $5?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im not sure if i like it. commoditization of information and knowledge.

im not sure if i like it. commoditization of information and knowledge.

Someone is getting paid one way or another regardless of the medium that you recive the information in. Even this free forum has associated cots. B happens to use another method to generate income for all the knowledge here.

Oh sweet...

First thing that comes to mind:

Handbrake (the video formatting software) doesn't let you convert multiple files at once. If you have 200 files you want to convert into another format, you have to select them one at a freaking time to add them to the processing queue. It's a philosophical decision, not a design limitation. The devs argue that every file is different; you can't possibly want to convert multiple files into the exact same format with the same settings. Dozens of people have asked for the feature on the forums, they just berate them, and lock the topic.

I have a camera that creates a separate file every time you press the record button... I have hundreds of files to convert with the exact same settings, and really need to ability to just ctrl-click all of them and convert.

Fortunately it's open source! It's in C#, found a guy on Fiverr who will do small work... Can't be much to change the file dialog to accept multiple files, loop through them and add them to the file queue with the current settings.

Oh sweet...

First thing that comes to mind:

Handbrake (the video formatting software) doesn't let you convert multiple files at once. If you have 200 files you want to convert into another format, you have to select them one at a freaking time to add them to the processing queue. It's a philosophical decision, not a design limitation. The devs argue that every file is different; you can't possibly want to convert multiple files into the exact same format with the same settings. Dozens of people have asked for the feature on the forums, they just berate them, and lock the topic.

I have a camera that creates a separate file every time you press the record button... I have hundreds of files to convert with the exact same settings, and really need to ability to just ctrl-click all of them and convert.

Fortunately it's open source! It's in C#, found a guy on Fiverr who will do small work... Can't be much to change the file dialog to accept multiple files, loop through them and add them to the file queue with the current settings.

Thats a damn good idea.

There it is. I can't find the emoticon panel in the reply box anymore.

its not on the quick reply box

you need to go to the advanced view... then there is a box to the right with smilies and a "more" link that will bring up all of them

lololol

Attachments

• the_more_you_know2.jpg
    the_more_you_know2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 71
its not on the quick reply box

you need to go to the advanced view... then there is a box to the right with smilies and a "more" link that will bring up all of them

Oh ok, I see what happened now... at some point I switched myself to the "basic" message editor- the "smilies" box doesn't even show up in the advanced view when you have the option set to the basic editor.

Back