What Would You Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

just wanted your opinion about this:

i have a 1996 civic cx hatch and im swapping a motor and planning to go boost

i can get a complete b16a2 and installed for about $730US or a complete b18b/gsr tanny and installed for $950US.

which one would you go with, keeping in mind i want to go boost later. thanx.

:withstupid:

just do SOMETHING already ... youve been asking about a thopusand different setups for ever now ;)

Originally posted by 22crazy@May 26 2003, 08:52 PM
i can get a complete b16a2 and installed for about $730US or a complete b18b/gsr tanny and installed for $950US.

Ummm...dude, where did you get the price for the b16a2? Why so cheap? I would buy that b16a2 assuming everythings all good, but im assuming it has like 120k+ miles.

Hit me up wit details, i'm curious B)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 27 2003, 12:16 AM
:withstupid:

just do SOMETHING already ... youve been asking about a thopusand different setups for ever now ;)

there's nothing wrong with that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually the motor is from my brothers car ( canadian SIR) and he is planning to put a h22 in it, so he said he would sell me the motor for 500 bucks, motor has 45k km.

B16A2 for $500,you can't go wrong.

Originally posted by 22crazy@May 27 2003, 02:44 PM
actually the motor is from my brothers car ( canadian SIR) and he is planning to put a h22 in it, so he said he would sell me the motor for 500 bucks, motor has 45k km.

Isn't the Canadian SiR the American EX equivilent?

Yup, SiR always 1.6vtec, that is a good deal on a complete swap for a b16, both boosted will give good numbers, but the ls can handle a little more boost.

Milan

LS is what you want. But you should buy the B16 to, you can sell it for more and start saving money for your turbo!

definitely buy the b16a2 regardless of your decision.....I just paid 2500 for a US 00Si b16a2 complete swap and pulled it myself,30,000 mi. I'd do it again too.

BUY THE ENGINE,sell it if you must have the ls but BUY THE ENGINE :D

Back