What would you do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a customer (side work) with a 1992 civic, auto with d15b7 who seems to have blown her motor.

I have not spoken with the mechanic who diagnosed the problem, but it appears that something internal has failed.

Assuming that the head is still in decent shape, what is the most readily available d-block which can be swapped in with the idea that none of the fuel injection/ecu/wiring would be changed.

Basically I am trying to find out which blocks will mate with the d15b7 head, seeing as the d15b7 is hard to find in local junk yards.

Any and all is greatly appreciated

-charlie
:)

pretty much any of the D15s or D16s should be pretty easy to get in there
you may need to add the oil jet but thats really about all that should have to be done
the maps should be close enough
the D15B7 is pretty common out there though... im rather surprised that you are having trouble finding one

meh, I really have not had luck. Do you have any good ideas as to where to look online for motors shipped?

Also, I thought that the Honda heads had their own part number or description. I ask this with the idea that maybe the d15b7 head is the same as other heads, meaning that I could search for other motors as a direct bolt-on block swap.

Thanks for your advice e-solsi!

you could try contacting Hmotors or TorontoJDM and see if they have anything that could be of use

Rockauto has a remanufactured long block... but thats $1350 + a $300 core... for that price you might be better off having a tech rebuild the thing in house

:concur:

actually most junk yards are kinda networked with each other
you should be able to have your local yard source one for you

I have a D15b7 I just took out of my car and working on putting a z6 in. The b7 has a blown head gasket and the rings are no good.

Back