What would you do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

parke10

n00b Member
If you had to live in the worst place ever for engine swaps... Cali ..what engine would you go with in a 1999 EX coupe? i dont know much about swaps ive always worked on chevy engines, love imports like honda and toyota, hate the chevys except for my 67 camaro, but i was told either a K24,K20a2,or and H22 but all imput is welcome, sooo anyone wanna help a stupid newbie?

money kinda isnt and object i mean if i take my time i can do little by little,if i do that around what kinda numbers am i lookin at on the track,and id also like to b on a bottle and or turbo

Last edited:
no one else?, come on there has to be someone who lives in cali with a decent street legal swap or someone who doesnt hate cali with a passion

::edit::
i found this in a sticky for non-recomended
all k-series/ all c-series/ into 92-00 Civic

whats the reasoning for not doing a k series ina 92-00 civic?

Last edited:
no point.. just saying to BAR.. it just gives you peace of mind.. knowing that if you get pulled over you're in the clear

o yea thats wut i have planned if i ever figure out wut engine im gonna use and get some help moving on it

hmm ok ill look at that vs the k-series im not sure on anything yet,i just think a k20 would be a pretty cool swap and im looking to boost w/e engine i end up going with to atleast 350hp as a start

well.. put it this way.. do you want an easy swap... GSR should drop right in with the help of integra mounts, axles and shift linkage.. the k20 you'll need a whole lotta shit and its not as easy to drop in as a GSR.. and alot more expensive than a GSR

about how much am i lookin at both ways.. and how much abuse can a built b18c take? also wut the hell does eg/ek and dc stand for?

also maybe im better off gettin a 92-95 hatch, i mean i like the 99 coupe looks better, but the hatch isnt bad, also figured u dont see as many massivley powered coupes as u do hatches ,i also found wiring and engine mounts here.. :: Welcome to Hybrid-Racing.com ::

Last edited:
im ready to start spending money so if anyone has more input thatd be great

Back