what would you pay for a jdm itr tranny w/ grinds?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

posol

RETIRED
well, that whole tranny deal is over with... and i'm sitting on a jdm itr tranny with grinds that i have 0 use for. what would be willing to pay for it knowing that 2nd and 3rd gear have some grindage to them?

use the fucking reference section. christ. THATS WHY ITS THERE.

They all come with a LSD, right? I'd pay $250 picked up, I am looking to buy a B series non LS trans, so serious offer here.

*edit, Knowing you paid $1200 you could get 3/4 back easily. more if you bought it knowing it grinds.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 19 2005, 03:38 PM
use the fucking reference section. christ. THATS WHY ITS THERE.
[post=556733]Quoted post[/post]​

well, I have a guess.. or a starting point anyway. Find out how much a new set of synchros cost.. I've heared that you can't get just synchros, and that you have to buy the whole damned gear set, which has to be complete bullshit.

Anyway, find out how much new synchros cost, and how much a trans guy would charge you to put em in (if you don't want to do it yourself)

Then do it and sell the transmission with brand spankin new synchros in it.. It would move alot faster and bring way more money than a grinding trans.. Those are damned worthless. Seriously.

If nothing else, get the prices of the new synchros and rebuild, subtract from $1200, and you have your magic number.

Good luck with it.

i paid 1200 for the thing... ever dollar i don't get back on it, i might as well thrown in a fire pit.

fuck, i should just throw my volks in there too. i got an $800 offer yesterday for them.

i'm so glad i'm done with the honda scene. its a freakin gjoke.

The type r trannys have dual syncros for each gear dont they?

You can just replace the synchronizers. I did it with my transmission. Given the employee price at a stealership is about $160 for a synchro set, I would take off $200-250 per grinding gear, assuming the buyer knows how to rebuild the transmission him/herself.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 19 2005, 06:24 PM
The type r trannys have dual syncros for each gear dont they?
[post=556776]Quoted post[/post]​

no thats just a rumor.

so far 400 is the best offer... which fucking sucks :(

anyone know how to make a table out of a tranny?

:lol:
Yep, you need those spring bolts that the exhaust uses.
You staple those to your floor, set the tranny upright, get 9 tubes of JB weld, 5 old used fuel injectors from a mazda pickup (any year).
Step 4; Solder the two ends of each synchro to the injector, coat with JB weld for a strong hold.
W) Let it dry for 10 minutes and don't over rev while eating , i did, and i still haven't been able to fix the welds on my linkage.
My table holds up good to this day, sometimes i play poker by myself :(

when the tranny is stamped with an s. like say ys1 or jus s1 then you have to buy the whole gear set because it means the gears are stamped together and you cant jus replace one gear or wat not. thats wat i get to do with my grinding ys1. i have 3rd 4th and 5th gears that are messed and this is the tranny that came with my swap. but the gear set is only 300 bucks. not that bad for 5 gears. but i would say either take the 400 and run or make a table out of it.

B if you are going to lose money you might as well lose it to Matt (hybrid89) at least he is a HondaSwapper Bump for Matt :lol:

Originally posted by integraslut78@Sep 20 2005, 11:45 AM
B if you are going to lose money you might as well lose it to Matt (hybrid89) at least he is a HondaSwapper Bump for Matt :lol:
[post=557082]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks Slutty! B I'll work with you on the tranny, but we both know the kinda money and time to make it right, so LMK if somewhere in that ballpark works????

i don't know wtf i'm going to do...
i may just send it out to ats, 4.9 it, re do it, and then sell it for 2g's or something...

i remember reading something about sometimes when the tranny grinds gears its the shifter forks and not the syncros. I dont remember where but its alot cheaper to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back