What would you rather crash into a wall?

What would you rather crash into a wall?

• A 5 Star Rated Car w/o Airbags

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • A 1 Star Rated Car with Airbags

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

imzjustplayin

If you had to choose a vehicle to crash into a wall, which one would it be?
Crash a 5 Star rated car w/o airbags into a wall
or
Crash a 1 Star rated car w/airbags into a wall.

1 star
I took a hit going 45mph and a drunk hit me head on doing atleast 80 in my 04 Silverado. I know that wasn't a 5 star rated truck. I walked out of the truck with a hurt arm and a sore neck. I think the air bag helped with me not getting hurt worse.

id rather not hit anything..but if it was mandatory id rather be hit in something without bags

1 star
I took a hit going 45mph and a drunk hit me head on doing atleast 80 in my 04 Silverado. I know that wasn't a 5 star rated truck. I walked out of the truck with a hurt arm and a sore neck. I think the air bag helped with me not getting hurt worse.
That had nothing or little to do with the airbags, but because the Silverado was probably heavier than the car that hit you. Also the Silverado isn't 1 star but 3 star rated which means you only have a 20-30% chance for serious injury, so that coupled with you being in a larger vehicle being crashed into by a smaller vehicle (assuming), I'd say the outcome wasn't entirely unbelievable. But a few weeks ago, where I live, some idiot woman and her kids drove on the WRONG SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY in her minivan doing like 60mph and crashed into a big SUV with 3 men whom all of which died, and in her vehicle, she and all of the passengers died except for her son who is in critical condition. It was a pretty bad accident but it shows that the only instance an SUV/Big vehicle is "safer" is against small cars, otherwise it usually isn't any safer at all.

whats with you and these crash threads? or how to make a civic safer... :lame:

A 1 star crash rating would indicate that you would likely suffer severe trauma in a crash.
A 5 star rating indicates that you have the smallest chance of injury.

The airbag point is moot.

part of the IHSA star rating system is the airbags. If you disable airbags in a 5-star car, it's no longer a 5-star rated car.

whats with you and these crash threads? or how to make a civic safer... :lame:
Well I was just really worried/annoyed that I wouldn't be able to have an OBD-I car if I had to go with the '96 civics, but after reading some more, I realized that there are people who temporarily convert their car to OBD-I and then convert back to OBD-II for the Smog check, so hopefully that will be enough for me in terms of "safety". I could obviously try to study both cars and see what they did differently but that'll have to be something very far into the future, assuming there isn't some bullshit cash for clunkers program for these vehicles.

Last edited:
converting obd does nothing about safety...

He isn't, but apparently you are.

Emissions and safety are two entirely different things. Enjoy the neg rep.

He isn't, but apparently you are.

Emissions and safety are two entirely different things. Enjoy the neg rep.
hahaha. so funny... No, the reason why "emissions" and "safety" are related is because I had started an infamous thread discussing making a '92-'95 civic safer because it was OBD-I and I wanted an OBD-I car and couldn't figure out why the '96-'00 was "substantially safer" despite not being all that different. I didn't want the '96-'00 because it is OBD-II but now I've realized, that maybe I'll just have a conversion harness so that when I need to do smog, I'll use the OBD-II ECU but otherwise for everything else, I'll be using the OBD-I ECU, therefore somewhat resolving the "safety" issue.

id rather no bags with a bride seat and a 6 point harness. then im gooingg noo wheree

How the hell does converting an OBD2 car to OBD1 make it safer?

Did I miss something?

And, uh, why would a brand-name seat make you any safer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back