What ya think New motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

To bad I was recently told by some fellow guys on here that to much overlap with forced induction was bad for these motors!! So Im just going by what I have been told! Its hard to search and learn cause some many people like your self have there own opinion on everything!! So you don't know whats correct when you read 5 different anwsers. I love how you talk shit over the internet.. God id love to meet someone like you in person and see if you run that mouth like that in person! I can promise you that you wouldn't think twice cause Id knock your fucking teeth in.. Go ahead and run your mouth somemore and call me a dumbass!! Your big now!!

I don't mean to start a fight.. Just another person trying to get educated on these motors! Alot of you guys get way to aggravated and flip out to easy! These forums are here for educated people that already have this stuff figured out to help another person like me! Go to any other car forums.. They are not like this!

Last edited:
Hey, DUMBASS....... when it comes to engine mechanics, pick up a book! Don't ever rely on hearsay.

What you just said contradicts the "I have alot of knowledge on building v8 cars all day long." statement. This is why. Valve overlap is not limited to honda's.

Never was a jackass!! There was no reason at all for him to call me a dumbass!! Like I said before theres always people that talk shit on the internet or know 12 types of self defense!! Jesus whatever! This shit is a joke!! You can learn alot by reading! But when there are 15 anwsers for the one question you are looking for then you ask and you get people like that guy that busts out saying crap like he did! No big deal whatever..

HAH, dude I'm the exact same way in real life. If you have friends, maybe one is like that too? Get a sense of humor. I'll call you a dumbass all day long if you want to leave yourself vulnerable. Honestly you're the one deveolping feelings over this.

When it comes down to it, you need to go pick up a book with published information. That's the kind of information you'd find in a university. The forums are a good place to discuss information, but in the end, a text book is the judge.

Once again, I would NOT even straight up take the word of a professional mechanic. I'd double check first in a published book or manual... ya know?

There are a lot of smart people here. We like to have educated discussions. Just be real, not everyone knows everything, but here you have the benifit of researching before you 'speak'. Make it worthwhile.

Well its just hard to understand if someone is being serious or not over the internet. I undertstand reading things will help alot. I try to do that also just sometimes can't seem to find my anwser that im looking for exactly.

I guess that could be the issue.. I can't quite seem to find the correct info Im looking for... I train MMA for team Remix.. Its fun sport to do on the side of all my other things but I gotta quit before long because I don't have time for school and everything for it.

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered a set of sleeves.. I already got my pistons on order. They are 81.5mm.. Do you think I should just sell them and order a set of 84mm? Is the power difference even worth the hassel of selling them?

Hmm.. I understand I can just up the boost a little more and still be at the same power level as a 84mm. Do you have any idea of how much hp Id gain off the same exact setups just one being 81.5 and the other being 84mm?? Since I already got the pistons I may just end up doing the 81.5mm for now and maybe larger on the next motor I build down the road.. Just don't feel like the power difference would be that great for the hassel I would have of trying to sell the pistons I have now..

I was just doing some research on Intake manifolds and TB.. Seems like the Skunk2 doesn't really flow much if any better then the ITR manifold. Im currently running a ITR manifold on my car right now. Im thinking about keeping it and have the TB hole ported and buying a larger aftermarket TB. What ya think? A little more airflow shouldn't hurt. Especially on a turbo setup..

Don't try to talk yourself into something you don't want to do. If you think it'll be a hassle selling 81.5mm pistons, don't sell them. But, consider this. If the engine makes more power before you boost it, that means less boost and resulting wear to reach a given power goal. 2.5mm is a pretty big difference in these engines and will always make more power. I can't give you an exact number because, as I said earlier, only a desktop dyno program can do that. I can't really afford $500 just to play around with a program, so I don't have one.

About the airflow, you have to make sure the engine can use the extra air first. If you want to do the work, go for it though. Keep in mind that unlike V8s these engines reach and exceed 100% VE very easily in n/a form can easily see 150%+ with forced induction. Bigger isn't always better, properly suited is better. :)

I talked to my buddy I bought the car from, He said it has the older style Skunk2 intake manifold on the car already. It doesn't have the logo they use on the new ones, he said cause its a older model of theres and its before they were putting it on there.. Sound legit? It looks aftermarket kinda.. Anyway to tell?

Does the IM look like this:
yhst-37484624058176_2013_12904967

If so, it's an OBX manifold. Not a S2. Tell your buddy "Nice try," and remember the 'deal' you got on the car.

Ya thats what I was thinking, they all had logo.. I told him it was either a blox or obx. He bought it off another buddy for dirt cheap and I guess he just thought it was a older S2.. So are the OBX or Blox IM any good? Are they comparable to the S2 cfm wise?

So are the OBX or Blox IM any good? Are they comparable to the S2 cfm wise?

If you clean up the casting.

They're a copy, just not finished as well. They will flow just as well if they are cleaned up.

minus block guard and sleeves, 250whp every day reliably.

block guard, i'd say 250whp, but watch your temps.

sleeves, 300whp+ every day reliably

Back