what year engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got my engine recently, but i dont know what year eng. i have, at the head where the cam gears are it says its a 90 and the ecu also says the same thing. i bought a chiltons book and by the pictures of a 90 ls it doesnt match, it matches a 91 -93 engine???????????????? :blink:

talking about a b18a?

90-91 same motor. 92-93 have better flowing manifolds (or something like that to get an extra 10hp).

you can allways get the serial number and go to acura and they can tell you.

On the head, on the left there is a series of numbers, the one on the very left is the date. If it says 90, it's a 90. Haynes, Chiltons, even Helms use pictures as a generalization, not always a specific year.

the dates on the engines are when they were produced - since new models (like 91) were generally released late in the year before (late 90) then it would not be uncommon to have an engine dated 90 in a 91 model car

Originally posted by jlicrx@Dec 31 2003, 04:36 PM
the dates on the engines are when they were produced - since new models (like 91) were generally released late in the year before (late 90) then it would not be uncommon to have an engine dated 90 in a 91 model car

True, my head says 91, but was from a 93, my buddies 98 ITR says 98, just depends.

Back