What year is my ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
From the topic you know my question. What year is my ZC motor and transmission. I know with the transmission i have to count some groves or somthing like that. Any information would be a ton of help. Oh yeah were is the date stamped on my actual block. Thank you in advance for the help.

Jeramy

i know of three or maybe four types of zc engines. one was produced from 84-87 and came in the jdm civic si and. second was the brown valve cover zc which came in the 86-87 usdm integra. the third was a black valve cover zc which came in the 88-89 usdm integra. and there was a 3rd generation zc that came in some 92 civics and a few 94 and up integras they look like the 88-91 jdm civic zc's but with later model electronics. you can recognize these by the plug in the end of the exhaust cam and no writing on the intake manifold

Originally posted by thuggincivic@Dec 17 2003, 04:11 PM
i know of three or maybe four types of zc engines. one was produced from 84-87 and came in the jdm civic si and. second was the brown valve cover zc which came in the 86-87 usdm integra. the third was a black valve cover zc which came in the 88-89 usdm integra. and there was a 3rd generation zc that came in some 92 civics and a few 94 and up integras they look like the 88-91 jdm civic zc's but with later model electronics. you can recognize these by the plug in the end of the exhaust cam and no writing on the intake manifold

all ZC's are JDM - there are no USDM ZC's

sorry the reason they call the 86-87 and 88-89 integra engine zc's because they are people just don't really care to know about this one 2nd gen zc. they even tell you it's a zc on this web site

Originally posted by thuggincivic@Dec 17 2003, 10:30 PM
if you don't believe me about this being on the website look here. https://hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=49

looked at that thread and didn't see where it said ZC came in USDM - it does say that the ZC is very similar to the USDM Integra engine - i would say it is only somewhat similar - they do share some of the same internal parts, but for the most part, it is a completely different engine - has different block, different head, different crankshaft, different pistons, different valve cover, different timing gears, different intake manifold, different exhaust manifold, uses different transmission, etc. - that thread also references 2nd gen ZC's and states that the D16A8/D16A9 came in USDM Integras - that is not true, all USDM 86-89 Integras were D16A1 - the A8's and A9's are the European versions of the JDM ZC and were in 88-91 Civic/CRX

Back