what you guys think...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

file-error

keep in mind im putting two more gauges and a double din head unit in it

10rs1n7.jpg

w0qn8n.jpg

nah you can see them good when sitting in the car, only going to have oil pr, air/fuel , and volts. air/fuel is in a perfect spot for the tuner in the passenger seat. its an all moter car , dont really need to keep my eye on them. i dont want the gauges on the piller.

Last edited:
looks like a wasted effort to me.. its gay! hahaha jk.. perfect for what you doing.. im partial to that little pocket in the center console personally.

i like it you should do a write up on it. looks like leather what did you use for the back to hold it in place ? id like to do something like this but put a vafc in the spot were your putting the gauges or maybe a turbo timer ..i also agree the gauges are a lil low.. but nice work

I like it.. that should look really clean with a double din head and the other 2 gauges in there!

i started with a piece of mdf but when i went down to my basement to use the saw i found a piece of lexon... it was almost as thick as the stock radio holder.
when i screwed it in i used a couple washers behind each screw to get the thickness right. i cut the console flat across so i didnt have to worry about following the contore of it. i used a peice of door trim on the console where i cut to finnish of the edge so you couldnt see that it was cut

I did something like this once. I used really thin plywood, the kind used as a backing on furniture. It is lightweight and flexible like balsa wood, then I covered it with some black vinyl. It looked pretty good. I somewhat have to agree with others about the gauges being low. Have you tried the gauges on top and the dd radio on the bottom. Looks really nice and clean though.

Back