Whatever you do this weekend...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

This is hilarious... I'm making a list of all the junk laying around the house that I'm gonna ebay this weekend when I get home... Tell me if any of the things you see there stick out a little bit.. :laugh:

S10 Torsion Bar Keys
Blazer JL Stealthbox
9 bottles of Similac Baby Formula
Thinkpad ZIP Drive
Delco gm 4.3 Spark Plugs
PCV Valve
Thermostat
Idler Pulley
Belt Tensioner
Water Pump
Motor Mounts
Plug Wires
Injection Spider
Body Lift
Breast Pump
Revell Civic Si 1:24
Revell Civic Hatch 1:24
Tunerz Die Cast Gold Civic 1:18

Btw... anybody wanna buy any of this stuff? :ph34r:

Whats the weirdest shit you've sold on ebay? I'm thinkin about throwin some of my dvd's on there, but dont know if its really worth it...

The breast pump is new... The wife bought it before the baby was born, opened it up to look at everything inside... Then when we had the baby... she realized she cant breast feed... so it never got used, and you can't return a breast pump once the seal on the box is broken. :cry:

And the formula... LOTS of people sell it. We got a bunch of Similac DHA formula from my wife's sister... She switched to another type of formula for her baby after she bought this (Colic baby)... Right after she gave it to us, we switched to a different brand for our baby...

Quoted post[/post]]
And the formula... LOTS of people sell it. We got a bunch of Similac DHA formula from my wife's sister... She switched to another type of formula for her baby after she bought this (Colic baby)... Right after she gave it to us, we switched to a different brand for our baby...

Yep, fuckers on welfare get it and ebay it. They make mad cash too, that shit isn't cheap. Poor fuckin kids
:cry:

yeah... when i go to the pharmacys and shit... they keep formula behind the counter now... because all the crackheads were coming in and stealing it.. $22 a pop for the powder... Enough for about a week.. :cry:

Damn crackheads and scumbags.

Wanna know the fucked up thing? Part of our taxes go to a thing called WICK. Which is a program for people to get eggs, formula, cheese, & milk when they have kids... My buddy told me about it, and how he went on it when he had his kid.. He's like "its not like welfare.. you pay for it.. might as well use it"...

I figured Sure! Why Not! Freebies! I went to sign up.. I made like $325 too much last year to be eligible.. They were like "if you had 2 kids you could be eligible"... I was like uhhh... no thanks.. .i dont NEED it.. just wanted it.. :)

yeah, my sister is on WIC. but then again shes poor and needs a sugar daddy to take care of her since she never really did anything for herself.

WIC is one thing... Welfare is what kinda disgusts me... I go to the grocery store, and i see these guys pull up in Navigators, get out wearin Avirex, RocaWear, and SeanJohn, bling'd out... and get up to checkout and pay with foodstamps and welfare checks... Just boils my blood. And then they complain when they cant buy cigarettes with their foodstamps and shit!

In Texas, welfare people get a "lonestar card" or something like that..

Its like a debit card to buy groceries with.. They just cought one bitch who was buying crap-loads of coke, dr pepper, pepsi, etc.. They investigated her and found that she owned several vending machines and was using her welfare card to stock 'em.. And making damned good "under the table" money at it.

They locked her ass up in the federal pen for it.. (fed. pen for fraud, etc = country club)

But yeah, that makes me crazy to see people buy milk, eggs, cerial, etc.. with welfare, then use their own money to buy 4 cases of beer and a couple of cartons of smokes..

Welfare isn't the problem, its the people abusing welfare. There are people out there that welfare really helps. I just think that they should do a better job of educating people on welfare. They should require that the person instead of working, is payed to get an education (at least up to a GED) so that they can become a functioning part of society and then they should ween them off the welfare checks as long as they're making progress toward making their own money. They should also have an individual evaluation of each welfare case so that if the person isn't making progress, or is abusing the system they can cut them off completely.

then they can have twice as much nothing as they had before!

yeah, welfare is a joke. i used to live across the street from the southbridge welfare office. it was amazing how full the parking lot was every day.

Quoted post[/post]]
WIC is one thing... Welfare is what kinda disgusts me... I go to the grocery store, and i see these guys pull up in Navigators, get out wearin Avirex, RocaWear, and SeanJohn, bling'd out... and get up to checkout and pay with foodstamps and welfare checks... Just boils my blood. And then they complain when they cant buy cigarettes with their foodstamps and shit!

i used to know some people like that :laugh: funny thing is, most of those clothes are stolen or bought from someone that stole it. ghetto? yes, but it happends.

and yeah california just switched to the EBT card too.

im not sure how it works now, but i think welfare should only be given to those who have a job or are looking for one. what i mean is by giving them like 2-3 mos to try and find a job and when they do, just cut the benefits , but not completely unless they make over the limit. because even though they might have jobs, most of the time its barely above min. wage and no benefits because most of those jobs require no skill and most of the people on welfare have no education or a GED at most.

If you end up selling some DVD's, let me know. I'm trying to expand my collection and will be glad to throw some cash your way.

Quoted post[/post]]
Welfare isn't the problem, its the people abusing welfare. There are people out there that welfare really helps. I just think that they should do a better job of educating people on welfare. They should require that the person instead of working, is payed to get an education (at least up to a GED) so that they can become a functioning part of society and then they should ween them off the welfare checks as long as they're making progress toward making their own money. They should also have an individual evaluation of each welfare case so that if the person isn't making progress, or is abusing the system they can cut them off completely.

I disagree with everything you said. For example, everyone gets a GED, then what? Off to the CEO office to start making 500k a year? Things will start to balance out, they already are nowadays. You basically need a college education to make money. If you aren't into that, then pick up a hammer or an arc welder and get busy.

Some mandatory GED program will do nothing but waste more taxpayers money, waste teachers' time, and occupy classrooms that could be used by people that actually want to advance in life. Come on, do you think that people that apply for welfare really want to sit in a high school classroom (again)? They don't, thats why they are on welfare in the first place!!

Now, welfare is a VERY important part of our society. Why? Because its an insurance policy. If you know about strain theory, the socioeconomically disadvantaged people in america need to live. Its instinct. If they cannot survive under their own abilities or assistance from the government, guess what is gonna happen. Thats right, people like you and I are gonna get robbed, have our property stolen, etc, just so they can survive.

So the government steps in and decides this would be complete and utter chaos, hence, a shitload of our money is involuntarily taken from us and given to these people through taxes. Simply so less violent crimes are commited.

I love welfare, I love the people that are on welfare, and I love the fact that I can walk across the street without a bunch of bums shanking me and taking my wallet so they can buy food for the day.

Back