Whatever you do this weekend...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And that my friends... Is what you call a sheltered college boy... big words that say nothing, and no idea as to what reality is...

FYI... People on welfare STILL ROB.. Still deal drugs... They just say "why make just $5k a month dealin crack when i can make an extra $1k for free from the government? "

And bums still harp people for money... I get hit up ALL THE TIME from people ALL OVER the place.... and EVERYBODY has a story...

Quoted post[/post]]
And that my friends... Is what you call a sheltered college boy... big words that say nothing, and no idea as to what reality is...

FYI... People on welfare STILL ROB.. Still deal drugs... They just say "why make just $5k a month dealin crack when i can make an extra $1k for free from the government? "

And bums still harp people for money... I get hit up ALL THE TIME from people ALL OVER the place.... and EVERYBODY has a story...

I think you looked completely short of the point.

I'm not in total agreeance with either side because both sides have their benefits and their drawlbacks. I personally wouldn't say in more or less terms, "I love welfare because it helps to keep me 100% safe and the bad people away" but I would agree that there is some merrit to these statements. Welfare allows people hope to survive, without hope they would 1)kill or 2)be killed. No matter how much the government gives people in gifts or transfer payments, there will still be rotten and evil people out in the world; nothing will ever change that - some would even argue man is evil in nature. You can't allow the negative to come to the forefront unless it outweighs the positive. I think the question to ask in this situation is, do more people abuse the welfare system than not? I'm not sure what the answer is, but surely this will help one get to the base of the problem and the argument.

Personally I feel that many people benefit from welfare but these are the people that want to benefit and make something of themselves that without support they may not have otherwise been able to do whether it was because of the social class they were born into, social prejudistices, or sheer bad luck or planning. I also feel that many abuse the system and take advantage of the system by not trying to further themselves and simply taking without giving back to society. These are the people who ruin the system. Now do you cut the "good" people off simply because of the "bad" peoples' actions and tell them to fend for themselves or do you carry the "bad" people so the "good" people can have a chance at life? I think its really dependent on a case by case basis, but to analysis each case seperately would cost more money than the system already in place. If I could have devised a plan for a new system, I would have already done so but at this current time I'm at a loss of what to think or do in regards to the welfare system.

Just the innerworkings of my mind running rampant late at night. Theres my .02 cents.

Quoted post[/post]]

new2thecarscene is correct in what he said

you may get hit up for money

thank welfare for at least IN PART for not getting stabbed in the back on the way to your car after work

oh, and fuck off for trying to judge me.

Oh I dont think welfare is totally pointless... I think its just handled incorrectly.. Anybody can walk into a welfare office and say "I aint got a job... gimme money"... And then just... Not work... The welfare people will offer them jobs, but people on welfare tend to say "i dont want to do that, i'll just take my check... Kthxbye"...

THAT is what I don't like. I think that if you are on welfare, you should have to do SOMETHING... Community Service, Volunteer work, or get a job.. Go to goodwill and help wash donated clothes... Work a food bank... DO SOMETHING... Not just take your check, cash it, and go home sit on your lazy ass and watch jerry springer.

Back on topic...

Buy my breast pump!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Quoted post[/post]]
THAT is what I don't like. I think that if you are on welfare, you should have to do SOMETHING... Community Service, Volunteer work, or get a job.. Go to goodwill and help wash donated clothes... Work a food bank... DO SOMETHING... Not just take your check, cash it, and go home sit on your lazy ass and watch jerry springer.

I think you are on to something there.. People on welfare should have to sweep the streets and take care of the city's landscaping.. spend x hours a week picking up trash.. Just like community service. The system is already there, just beef it up and make the welfare people work hard for their money. Sure it will cost even more money to hire supervisors and transportation, etc.. But I'd be willing to bet that several of these fuckers, if forced to work, would drop welfare and go get a jobbie job. Which will save money in the long run.. and create more taxes for the rest of the welfare people..

The system would probably pay for itself.

Damn.. if everyone on welfare had to work for the $$$, the city would be immaculately clean. I wonder how many thousands are on welfare in my city...

Now, don't even get me started on disability.. those are some rotten fuckers.

ROFL! Disability... Ya know... Thats another story all together... My buddy's wife was in a bad car accident, and her back is screwed up... She had to quit her job because her back is so screwed up... They didn't NEED the money.. The state just started SENDING her checks. She even called them once and said "I dont need the disability"... 3 years later... she's STILL receiving checks.

Quoted post[/post]]
ROFL! Disability... Ya know... Thats another story all together... My buddy's wife was in a bad car accident, and her back is screwed up... She had to quit her job because her back is so screwed up... They didn't NEED the money.. The state just started SENDING her checks. She even called them once and said "I dont need the disability"... 3 years later... she's STILL receiving checks.

She is full of crap.. Its alot of paperwork to get disability.. You have to ask for it and fill out mondo amounts of paperwork. The state doesn't just hand it over.

No. I know this family. She doesn't even cash the checks. She has a stack of them... She writes VOID on them all.

Back