Whatpulse.org

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Does anyone else use it? If you do how many keys have you typed? How many miles have you moved your mouse?

We should get a group started.

I've typed 6,900,000ish keys and moved my mouse 77.7 miles in the last 26 months.

When you register for a WhatPulse account, we collect your name (as provided) and a valid e-mail address. WhatNET guarantees that this information will never be traded, sold, or given to any individual, government, or organization for any reason under any circumstances unless legally petitioned by a court of law.

The WhatPulse client is provided to you as it is. We are NOT responsible for any damage this application might do to your computer enviroment. Neither the WhatPulse client nor the server logs keystrokes. The client checks each keystroke as it is entered to ensure that it is a valid key, but the key itself is not stored. Only the aggregate number of valid keys entered is stored on the WhatPulse server.

If you are not comfortable providing a real name, you may provide a pseudonym. Your e-mail address is currently mandatory to register an account; however, you have full control over how your e-mail address is used by WhatPulse. You will never receive unsolicited e-mail from WhatPulse or WhatNET.

The WhatPulse client is provided to you as it is. We are NOT responsible for any damage this application might do to your computer enviroment. Neither the WhatPulse client nor the server logs keystrokes. The client checks each keystroke as it is entered to ensure that it is a valid key, but the key itself is not stored. Only the aggregate number of valid keys entered is stored on the WhatPulse server.

Your login, password, and the number of keys are the only information transfered to the WhatPulse server by the WhatPulse client.

This is our guarantee of your privacy. If these terms are acceptable to you, then we encourage you to register with WhatPulse, and we hope to see you on WhatNET.

Thank you for your support.

So in basics: They don't log, but they also don't say that they don't filter for keywords.
They will give up your information/keystroke and mouse habits.
They don't claim any encryption.

True, I'm not too concerned about my privacy on my laptop though. I don't do anything illegal or important enough to really care.

I do my debit/credit card transactions on my parents computer which is on a hardline, so I'm not concerned about that.

I just find it amusing to see how much time I waste on my computer.

Back