What's a fair value my ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sorry im not going to answer your question, but when you get this swap doe id like to see vid. Its sounds very interesting and, your right a lot of people on here and other forums do just yap about doing things like this but for them to actually do it is second to none. Good luck bro.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
honestly i think you are acting like a dick head so i doubt anyone else will post in here.

If being right and factual is "acting like a dick head" to you, then yes I am being one.

But since your post is not the last one of this thread and other people still posted "in here" that makes you wrong on both counts.

Here is some educational info from Honda's own website about the 4WD RealTime system. Listen carefully to the last 20 seconds where I'm quoting "if front wheel slippage increases, so does torque applied to the real wheels". So here you have it, no 90%-10% split for this one. Maximum wheel slippage to the front wheels (i.e. disconnected front axles) will yield almost all available torque to the rear wheels.

The reason the Braille's diff is welded was because the system is designed to engage/disengage through a viscous clutch device, not made to continuously channel 100% of the available torque to the rear wheels. If left alone it would cause too much heat and self-destroy. In the 4WD application, by engaging/disengaging it affectly functions like a Limited Slip Differential for the front wheels.
read the honda tuning articles on braille's build. they said the first time they took it to the track, without the welded dif, it was not easy to drive because the system kept engaging and disengaging. thats really what i meant by shitty track car. i should have elaborated more as to why. but if you have the means and the time, go for it. no one can tell you what you can and cant do to your car. and also 3-3.5 seems about right to me but i dont know your location and that could change things dramatically.

Quoted post[/post]]
sorry im not going to answer your question, but when you get this swap doe id like to see vid. Its sounds very interesting and, your right a lot of people on here and other forums do just yap about doing things like this but for them to actually do it is second to none. Good luck bro.
i wasnt yapping about doing things. i opted not to perform this on my car because mine is a daily driver and this mod is really only good for a mostly track oriented car. plus i would not want to finish it and then have it destroyed my a soccer mom in her mini-van who wasnt paying attention because she was changing the dvd so her kids would shut up.

wow, a simple thread gets turned into a hate fest. peace and love everyone!!! Id say your car with a motor swap is going to be in the 3.5-4k area. As long as you claim all the shit in the car and the worth of the things you should be able to get it around there.

Back