Whats a good beater?Possible project?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96EKB18C5

Just got a new job that requires a lot of driving (100 miles a day!):( I dont want to kill my baby,96 ek itr. What would be a good daily driver/ possible project car?

well the hf is the lightest and is also made for great fuel mileage and its mpfi

ahhh... Okay thanks for all the info.I didn't think about the crx..good suggestion.Any idea how light they are?Just wondering.....

Damm...pretty light! .Makes my ek sound like a porker!Whats the "hot ticket" as far as swaps go for the crx? This will be my DD, but with every vehicle I ever bought , it usually falls victim to me wrench'in on it soon or later.

any b series b16a b18b all are good swaps, but stay away from a prelude and vigor b series there very diffrent,,but other than that all honda motors will fit it just depends how much money you want to spend

any b series b16a b18b all are good swaps, but stay away from a prelude and vigor b series there very diffrent,,but other than that all honda motors will fit it just depends how much money you want to spend
not the b16b because it has a hydro tranny and you will have to convert it. you can do the b16a that is obd0 or the b18a out of the obd0 integras. those are 90-93.

yea but the obo b16 and 18 will leve him wanting more power, i would upgrade it to at least a obd1 motor

What kinda power we talkin?I'm in the dark when it comes to the rex's, but whats the factory power that came with these cars?

well a jdm crx at best came with 160hp

not the b16b because it has a hydro tranny and you will have to convert it. you can do the b16a that is obd0 or the b18a out of the obd0 integras. those are 90-93.

who says he has to use the tranny??.. just use a cable tranny with the motor..

who says he has to use the tranny??.. just use a cable tranny with the motor..
it's just easier that way. just buy a clip from an importer and have it all there. it seems like he is a honda noob and it would be easier to buy it all together than trying to track down all the different parts.

Back