whats a good build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boost_me

honda4life
ok i have a 90 integra and im going to pull the engine out this summer and i just want to know what a good build for the ls block and head would be i already have a turbo im going to run 15 psi max i want to sleave the block just to be safe but i dont know what kind of head work i should have done what would a good cam be rods and pistons im looking for around 400 to 450 hp money really isnt a problem so any sugestions let me know

what kind of turbo do you have? 15 psi could get you to 320 or 500 depending on the turbo.

sleeve a B, JE/SRP/CP/Wiseco pistons (probably around 9:1), new rods (usually people use eagle h beams) a light PnP, stock cams are fine (if you could upgrade to a b16 head with GSR cams itd be even better), and do not forget the new computer.

really thats all ya need. bullet proof your bottom end. get a port job, and dont cheap out on parts (you dont have to buy the most expensive, but if you see a $600 turbo kit....walk away).

aight dude skunk 2 camshaft or type r with either type r valve terrain or us skunk 2 terrain or crower there some pretty good shit i would use a gsr head thats ported and polished if you do that it would be 10 times better than what you could do to the b16 head and for the bottom end if your just going to run 15 psi on a ls block i wouldn't get it sleeved just eagle rods and some arias pistons would work for the bottom end i would also ballance and blue print the bottom end too but you could run 20 psi with a good tune and smoke alot of people

aight dude skunk 2 camshaft or type r with either type r valve terrain or us skunk 2 terrain or crower there some pretty good shit i would use a gsr head thats ported and polished if you do that it would be 10 times better than what you could do to the b16 head and for the bottom end if your just going to run 15 psi on a ls block i wouldn't get it sleeved just eagle rods and some arias pistons would work for the bottom end i would also ballance and blue print the bottom end too but you could run 20 psi with a good tune and smoke alot of people

all i have to say is uh huh.

/me waits for the knowledgeable people to flame this post. i cant be bothered

What's a valve terrain? Is that like the area of land that the valves occupy?

B16 head with GSR cams will be fine...and not ten times worse as stated.

20 psi on bottom end is a little steep.

Edit: Listen to Reikoshea seems to know what he is talking about.

alright thanks i like what im hearing the turbo is an air research t3/t4 i got the turbo from my buddy who had it on his civic he was only running 10 psi then he threw a rod so he got a h22 and droped it in and got a bigger turbo and he sent the one i got off and had it rebuilt so its in excelent condition i really dont want to build an lsv i want to stay non-vtec but thanks for the advice ill look in to some of the parts and see what i can find

Why not lsv's are so cool and reliable. Just for shits and giggles, do an ls vtec with a jackson racing super charger. That would be a nasty setup. By the way will someone tell me if super charger is one word or two.

i just dont want to have to go through the trouble of inding a good vtec head and its really my first build for my car so i just want to try the ls head and see how it does then maybe later on go lsv i dont want to start out with that that much power the car is just going to be used at the track so i just want to try some diffrent thing and see what set up i like best eventuly ill get a bigger turbo but thats not for a while the car does good now on all motor i ran a 13.33 at 108 last friday so i was suprised as hell that i did that good but the guy i bought the car had some internal work done its just a fun street car to drive every day im geting a new car after graduatution so im just want a track car i dont want to get rid on it i love the little thing

you ran a 13.33 in an integra with an LS? i kinda wanna see the time slip. that is FAST for an LS....its probably gonna need to be completely rebuilt if you ran that time.

no the turbo wasnt on then i had a 75 shot on and a half built motor i couldent beleave it ran in the 13es i was looking for some where around around 14 or15es

wow your going to run turbo on a motor thats had nitrous pushed through it wow yeah i would at least get new piston rings and prolly have the head honed out u know what i'm sayin i would do that b4 i would start running turbo on the motor but you should thing about eagle rods they will hold up alot better in your bottom end trust me

13's with a 75 shot, sweet. Wonder what mine would do on spray. A friend of mine was running low 13's on just the motor with horrible traction. If he would have had more wheel time he would of gone 12's on just the motor.

i tried spraying off the line but i couldent stop spinning so then i tried spraying when i hit 3rd and it spun a little and that worked alot better but i cant wait to get the motor boosted

Yeah, its a little hard to spray out of the hole without full slicks and other mods. Stock, that car should leave spinning but adding another 75 horses on top of that didnt help.

My friend, the one I mentioned earlier was running a stripped eg with a gsr with type r cams and a type r trans. It also had a blox intake mani, an msd ignition full 3in exhaust and some super clutch. It also had full race suspension and traction bars and launch control. When he ran he went 13.3 at 103 or something like that but his 0-60 times werent for shit. He was on drag radials too. That was a sick lil bastard. Loud as shit though, especially when vtec came on, wow, you didnt want to be anywhere near him.

sounds like a nasty little car i hope mine will be like that when i finish the build and put the turbo on and get all the supension on

Back