Whats a good ride for 4k?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

I'm thinking about getting a car i don't need to finance. Looking at 4k for a budget. Any suggestions?

rwd, fwd or all awd doesnt really matter. i just want a daily driver that i could maybe surprise a few people with. i was thinking maybe a 1995-1997 eclipse. my friend got one of them clean as hell for 3600$

i dont know much about swapping, etc... how much is a swap for a crx and what kind of numbers would i be looking at for output if i do a swap?

i dont know if prices are comparable to where you are but around here you can get a complete B16a1 swap into a crx (installed & ready to run) for around $2k. 160hp. should have you running high 14's at the track.

1995 honda civic ex/dx/or lx coupe!! Good looking cars. Realible and have a lot of potential!! Oh yah good on gas!!

3k save you cash man!!

Originally posted by SLA@Nov 4 2003, 11:08 PM
1995 honda civic ex/dx/or lx coupe!! Good looking cars. Realible and have a lot of potential!! Oh yah good on gas!!

3k save you cash man!!

id have to agree. great reliabillity and great gas mileage. And a car with some potential

dmmd get off the computer or I will kick your ass!! j/k :lol:

if i had 4k to buy a car with, i'd get a mid-90s s10 pickup 4.3 or something useful... not another damn honda

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2003, 07:29 PM
if i had 4k to buy a car with, i'd get a mid-90s s10 pickup 4.3 or something useful... not another damn honda

:no: s-10's are junk. i had one for almost 2 years had less than 50k on it when the wheel bearings went out and when that went out it took along spindles, speed sensor and a ball joint. they also have problems with their pitman arms aswell. the 4.3 gets shit gas milage and has no power. my stock 89 hatch would smoke the thing.

a crx sounds good, but around my area here in MN everything is a ripoff. plus, a crx for 2k will probably need some work on the body or paint. i had a 92 hatch that was mint and now im thinking of getting one again. otherwise im also looking at a prelude or eclipse.

for 4 grand you can find a 5th gen or 4th gen with a b16 already in it... does this car have to be a honda? if not I would say get a toyota tacoma

if you want reliability and some fun factor...integra GS-R, but you'd need another thousand or two dollars
if you dont care as much get a 1st gen DSM

i hope that's sarcasm lol...
NO, not reputably anyways
if you take care of it well though and dont rape it then they're fine...they just have a bad reputation since people use cheap parts, overmod them then drive them like madmen
i say for a daily driver get a 94+ integra GSR
honda reliability, incredible handling and enough power to have some fun

Back