Whats a good ride for 4k?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i can tell you what not to get - an "anal" probe, my gawd those things suck, id say the only good thing about mine is the gas mileage, yup, thats it, had it for one week and spent 1,500 bucks on new parts, its just been a money pit for a year, everything breaks and its slow as hell too, maybe the older turbo models have a little bit of pep, but probes-just-suck.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 4 2003, 08:34 PM
r eclipses reliable like hondas?

This is whats great about DSM's. Quaiffe (sp) has a life time warrenty on all of there LSD's except for .....drum roll.....The Eclipese tranny. The car is basicly a fast dodge. Same quality (since they were partners) just turboed.

i'd probably keep it stock for now but i beat on my cars pretty bad, so an eclipse is probably not a good idea

yeah..if you're going to rape it all the time you probably dont want to get one...if you're looking for 2.0L turbo go 3S-GTE or SR20DET..way more reliable motors IMO

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2003, 06:29 PM
if i had 4k to buy a car with, i'd get a mid-90s s10 pickup 4.3 or something useful... not another damn honda

:withstupid: lowering an S-diime is cheap as shit. get you a set of lowering blocks to drop it like 4" at Auto Zone or Advanced Auto for like $30!! then get you a set of dropped spindles (dunno price of them), throw a nice set of 18s on it and you'd be set.

Lowriders can't get it up :lol:

Saw that the other day on a lifted Dodge or something.

For 4K, I would get a old school Mercedez turbo diesebl--at 200k, the engine is just breaking in :)

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Nov 4 2003, 08:32 PM

For 4K, I would get a old school Mercedez turbo diesebl--at 200k, the engine is just breaking in :)

:eek: :huh: :blink: :eek:

89-94 Tbird supercoupe. All the bells and whistles with a supercharged V6 some come in a manual and do close to 14 sec stock. only bad thing about that car is the heads but just do regular oil changes and it will be fine!

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 4 2003, 07:58 PM
I'd say get a '91 Si hatch for about $2k, I/H/E and suspension for around another $2k. You'll suprise people. I actually hung doors with with a '95 Eclipse all the way up to 125mph, with my chick and groceries in the car. Suprised a few V8's and myself, too.

bet it wasnt a GS-T or a GS-X

Where are you located, I have a 1989 Si Hatchback w/ clean interior, good tires, runs good, and NO RUST for $1300.

Damn, I'm in North West Arkansas........ I'll ship if ya want, just find someone to ship it! Haha

V8+Miata = Monster Miata

hey, check out this months issue of Grass Roots Motorsports, they have a write up the 2k challenge (cars were running 11's to 16's in 1/4's..)

holy shit.... man someone was using my login

i want to buy a truck for winter but i never posted anything about that

Back