1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats A Resonator?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Apr 10, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

i know what it is but what exactly does it do, i got my crx and i this is the only car ive ever had that has had one on it, i know im stupid but o well... i was just wonderin
    thanks
    Tj

2. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

it does exactly what you would think - resonates the sound coming out of the engine. Resonates = less dB.

Don't be a pussy, take it off :p

3. wantstofish

wantstofish Junior Member

yeah i agree take it off it will give a little more power for u but u probably won't be able to notice it but if u have one on the intake which i haven't seen one on a hona yet take it off my brother took the silencers off of his intake of his daewoo and noticed a difference in his time slips

4. sleeperciv

sleeperciv Junior Member

designed for less sound. take it off if you don't mind the louder sound. but that will make you a cop magnet.

5. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG VIP

hondas have intake resonators. . . most of the time they are located under the front bumper behind the passenger headlight

6. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

:werd: or they loop from the stocker air box to infront of the engine compartment to near the driver side headlight.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted