What's better in brakes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

What's better in brakes? Slotted rotors? or Drilled rotors? or Slotted/Drill rotors?

Whats would be the best?

neither, autozone $20 rotors or brembo blanks. no need for slotted/drilled unless you're doing LeMans racing, hehe

But i have Blank Brembo brakes in the front and last time i was racing a 99 Accord and i slammed on the brakes because stupid people don't get out of the way...and i was doing 180Km/h and the brakes responded good but in the end i had no more and my brakes are new..i guess they got fucking hot and did not work good when they got at that temperature..so that's why i'm looking into maybe drilled, or slotted..?

the friction and heat of both....if you get em that hot often look into some fender fins for cooling.still have too much heat,then I would go w/slotted olny and pads the maker recommends.drilled wont last as long on the street,might crack over time.your wheels might also be restricting airflow to them....mostly I mean hubcaps.take em off if you have em.
improving your airflow is key regardless of your choice,it will show improvements regardless of type of rotors/pads

Originally posted by ovcrash@Aug 22 2003, 10:04 AM
Then it's my pads that got to hot? nothing to do witn my disk?

certain pads only produce certain coefficents of friction at given heat levels. performance pads will list this in detail for you. go to
http://www.hawkperformance.com and check out the characteristics of the pads, the pads will always get hot, what matters is how much friction they still produce at certain temps. but, you also dont want a straight race pad that only starts working once they are above 300deg, which means you wont be able to stop cold.

Back