what's better? turbo/ls turbo/b20 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

a kid at my school said he'll sell me his jdm b20 with ecu for 800. i would use a ls tranny. would this be safe to boost stock? or would an ls/turbo be better?

I'd go with a turbo b20 over a turbo ls, esp. if it is cheap. Your ls tranny will work fine for that motor, as there is plenty of torque to help out the longer gearing. You will be fine boosting it stock, just keep in mind that you have to tune it right. No motor will last without tuning, stock or built. BTW what kind of car is this going in?

going into my 92 dx hb. have you,or do you know any1 who's done this? could i use dsm infectors? uberdata? thanks for the response and help. do you know what mounts i would have to use?

The B20 sleeves are weaker than the LS sleeves. I would choose the LS over the B20 and slap a vtec head on it along with a turbo. Either way you go make sure your motor is tuned well.

id use the ls block

security > displacement

especialyl when it comes to boost.

It doesn't matter if you tune it right and keep power levels sane. Both motors will stay in one piece to 250WHP as long as they are tuned impeccably well. If you use an AFC hack, FMU or any other ghettho shit, you are more likely to blow the B20.

who wants to blow a motor?

The Uberdata posse (VTC_CIVIC, Blake, etc.) has demonstrated what I believed to be true for a long time - a stock B18B will reliably deliver 300WHP if tuned right. I can't say the same about the B20.

thanks a lot bros. would the stock b18 hold up to a rev hard stg. 2? i'm looking for a mild 8 to 9 pounds of boost. or would it be better to get a t3/t4 and all the parts needed for a full turbo kit? what computer should i run...hondata?uberdata? chip the stock ecu? and like i said ,dsm injectors would work fine? thanks again for all the help guys.

Yes a b18 would hold 8-10 psi with proper engine management. I am all about uberdata is the cheapest reasonable choice by far. The catch is you NEED to know what you're doing or know someone who knows what they're doing. DSM will work fine for what you're shooting for. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Originally posted by SPEEDFREAK0920@Jun 24 2004, 11:02 PM
what computer should i run... hondata?uberdata? chip the stock ecu?

Hondata/Uberdata aren't computers, they are software. They both require you to chip your stock Honda ECU.

oh ight. thanks for the info. bearbongs. im going to have AMS do all the engine and dyno tuning. thanks for all the help i'll keep u guys posted

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jun 24 2004, 12:57 PM
More Displacement = More Power

more boost=more power also. since the b18 has stronger sleeves, it can take more pressure.

to answer your question about the DSM injectors they're 440-450 cc (i cant remember for sure sadly:() and they'll hold you up to about 250-280 hp im willing to bet, but by that point they'll be pretty much maxed. if you want to really make power or push any real sort of CFMs you'll want at least 550s

Back