Whats Better

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

most people i see at the road course use non drilled/slotted rotors, they use blanks. mainly the reason is because they can crack under heavy use, and the blanks are cheaper and eaiser to come by. esol is right, good pads and blanks will give you more than enough braking... i'm thinking of switching my slotted/drilled to solid rotors (still vented), i have not had an issue with them cracking though, but i'm also not running 12hr enduros :p

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 21 2003, 10:55 PM
i have never had any problems with drilled rotors or slotted rotors. and just because you drive a porsche doesnt mean you drive around at 150 mph all the time, people drive them normal all the time so i guess they have shitty brakes then right. your point about people racing their itr's with blanks is probably because there are rules in scca and any road race events depending on class that they are racing.
Do you understand that slotted/drilled rotors take away from the stopping power when they are cool?
prove this to me. i'll use an owned picture on you anytime i want and if i saw you in person i would own you then you too. most real race cars use drilled or slotted rotors, if you drive hard through any set of corners anywhere on stockers you will have fade and if you drive spirited everyday then i would upgrade to a slotted or drilled rotor. have you ever driven a porsche? do you know anyone with one? i do and yes i have driven one brakes felt damn good to me and they werent hot they were as cold as ice.

yea. Actually one of my good friends has a 2001 Carrera coupe sitting in his garage with a swapped, higher displacement engine.

Anyways, back to the fact that you know nothing about brakes. Do you know why OEM brakes warp and fade? because they are oem and cheap as shit. we are talking about aftermarket discs that aren't made out of recycled tuna cans. And you Say that racers use drilled/slotted rotors. Do you have down syndrome? I just blatently said that for for hondas (street), there is no point in getting drilled and slotted rotors. Your never going to need them. A porsche is meant to me a race car, pretty much. In case you haven't noticed, hondas don't go 200 mph. If you have a honda, you don't need slotted or drilled rotors, unless you are course racing it hardcore. Which isn't what we are talking about in the first place.

Your argument is basically that you drove a porsche, you liked the brakes, so automatically those are the best type of brakes.

Ok, so my argument is that your an idiot who knows abosolutely nothing about brakes, and for that matter, why there are even different types of brakes.

And you ask me to "prove it to you" I don't need to prove it to you. Take a physics class you monkey. More surface contact = more friction = faster stopping. Holes +slots = less surface area.

I win again. And as for owning me in real life - get a life. Nobody is here to be a tough guy, we are here to learn. And you spreading flase information isn't helping. But in case you have the urge - you can come to the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH. To williamson hall room #909. You can "own" me in real life there.

What.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 21 2003, 10:55 PM
. most real race cars use drilled or slotted rotors, if you drive hard through any set of corners anywhere on stockers

Newsflash
- Hondas are not real race cars.
- We aren't talking about stock cheap-as-possible-materials-fade-so-you-have-to-buy-new-ones brake rotors.
- I reiterate that you know nothing.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 22 2003, 02:14 PM
walking around the pits at rolex in daytona i noticed they were all using slotted and drilled rotors no blanks to be found there, i guess they are just for looks right.

Did you see alot of honda street cars there too?

for pads, get Hawk HP+ for street/racing, get Hawk Black for racing, if you want super duper sticky race only pads, get the Hawk Blues. for fluid, use Motul RBF600.

great brake setup for street/track use:

Brembo Blanks (dont bother with any other rotors Brembos are the shit)
Hawk HP+ pads (basicly the most aggressive streetable pad they make)
ATE blue fluid (AKA smurff jiz)

goodridge stainless steel lines are a good idea too (better feel... more pressure to the pads)

he gave you his address
do somethin bout it wussy boy LMAO :lol:

Private Message from vtecsir1:

"where do you live i think maybe since your such a tough guy we should meet up, then you can try to disrespect me then too"

My address is up there.

Lol at disrespect. Your the one who busted out some "own3d" image on me. But in fact it just made you look even more stupid because your completely wrong. Go figure.

You know I'd meet you half way or something, but oh yea, wait - fighting about slotted brakes is probably the gayest thing I have ever heard of in my life. Thats right, I almost forgot

hey drum brakes are the best.. fuck slotted, drilled, or disk.. DRUM BITCH!!... u wanna fight?? LOL :lol:

drums actually have far more stopping power
the reason they suck ass is because they heat up and fade to practicly nothing way too quickly

your stock callipers are fine untill you start getting into some SERIOUS road course racing
just get a set of stock rear disk brakes swapped on there
use the same shit in the rear as your using in the front as far as pads/rotors etc go
also make sure you get a 4040 proportional valve (you have a 3030 now) so that everything works corectly

i didnt want to fight about brakes, when you started calling me stupid and being a dick i got mad, go figure.

wahmbulance1.jpg

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 22 2003, 02:14 PM
walking around the pits at rolex in daytona i noticed they were all using slotted and drilled rotors no blanks to be found there, i guess they are just for looks right.

There is a good reason for that, they are running long ass endros and go from 200 in the straights to 140 in the turns every few seconds and they have no time to cool down and even end up having brake fade with these rotors. Yes, slotted/crossdrilled rotors are better from cooling but your honda will never be running fast enough to benifit from them. I dont care if your pumping a good 400hp, your still not going to drive 200mph down it to 60 and back up to 200mph within 30 seconds. Also, if you are using real good pads (the kind that need to heat up before they work good) you will brake like shit because the extra cooling will block the high temps that the pads need. Also, go to brembro's site and see what they say for there crossdrilleds. On there site they say "for highway and sport use only, not intended for racing" Then with slotted, they have less surface area and the little slots will ware the pads out like crazy because every time they come a cross the pads, it is like a razor blade for the pads.

Back