whats better

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

david

what is better a type r header or a decint to good aftermarket header :mullet:

depends what header you are talking about .... the JDM ITR is very kick ass if your gunna get something better than it you will be in the 600+ area (for the most part)

and this doesnt belong in this forum

:moved:

E is correct, bang for the buck the oem Jspec R header is very nice, you can run heat shields on it and keep it stealth like, anything else that will produce more would cost up to 1k.

Milan

DCsports :thumbsdown:

if you cant get the REAL ITR 4-1 keep looking they are out there

im so tired of everyone knocking DC sports headers. I would like someone to show me a dyno chart where a DC header does not make at least 3-5whp power.

and then show me another dyno chart were a different header that doesnt cost a few hundred more makes MORE power.

VS DC JDM and ported JDM R 4-1, is because the lines were almost exactly the same in our testing of DC JDM VS ported JDM R 4-1. Step back

they say booth produce almost the same power and they are trying to sell you their headers!

Well DC and the ITR unit make very very similar power, but the ITR unit is by far more durable. I used a DC4-1 header and it started to rust within 4 weeks of use, after a couple times bottoming out due to not seeing speed bumps it eventually crushed in some. So with that said, yes the DC makes power, yes it is not a quality piece. Bang for the buck it's a good option. Some peeps swear by it and others hate it, I dislike it and will never buy any DC products. Oh, I do own a shirt of theirs :)

Milan

:rawr::rawr::rawr::rawr:
ok, point taken :) im just tired of peeps saying its "crap" or "shit" or "worthless".

i have seen a 1000 dollar headr get fucked up buy speed bumps too
Dc is the best bang for buck when it comes to headers

yeah, that is true. Just becuase a header costs 1000 doesn't mean that it can't be damaged. I buy parts becuase they perform. Since I am going motor I need a header that is proven and produces top figures for my specific application.

:) I didn't want to beat on the bush with the entire shitty DC products but I just wanted to let you know from my experience with their product.

Milan

all im saying is that with what you pay for a DC header you can almost always get something that is higher quality and makes as much or more power for the same amount or a few dollars more (sometimes less)

they are OK for an entry level better than stock piece... but there are much better choices out there

youre right, they are worthless pieces of shit. i dont know why i like mine so much. ive had it for 2 months now...i should probably hate it like a mofo but i must be stupid cause i dont. and...my car is lowered 2" and i live in the frickin speedbump capital of the world and it hasnt scraped yet. i guess maybe they accidentally put a JDM header in my DC sports box. gee am i lucky! thank god i didnt get one of those shitty pieces of crap that DC makes!

if you like yours thats fine
there is nothing wrong with it
you dont have to hate it because i or anyone else doesnt like it
they are a good entry level header
all im saying is that there are better choices out there
there are also worse choices out there
if your looking for a basic upgrade that will make some power and not kill the pocket then DC is probly the choice for you

i personally have not been impressed with much of anything i have seen from them... and I would spend MY money elsewhere
that is all i am saying

well what is your choice for a header?

name off some headers that perform better than DC, not being an ass, i am just interested and my DC is corroding so i'm thinking about switching in the near future.

oh and not at crazy prices. under like umm 700 preferably (sp?)

Back