What's Celerity on now ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, listen up here.

I've said it many times before: I almost bought the 500 in Kawasaki and Suzuki. I hate the looks of the kawi 500 and all Suzukis, 500 to 1300 Busa, are shit bikes. The build quality sucks. The plastics don't fit, the materials are shit plastics that have been recycled 3 times. I was looking for a fit-and-finish bike because when I look down from the command position, I feel better knowing that the manufacturer designed and installed finishing panels, and didn't just cobble it together.

If I were looking for a track bike, I wouldn't care. This isn't a track bike.

The only 600 ish mass production bike I like is the newer, or Newest, ZX6. It's so goddam light and flickable that I would love it, regardless if the fairings wrapped around me or not.

I love that ZX1200. I DID lower it. It turned corners, but not like I fell in love with. I could have lowered the forks as well , which I Was going to do, but then got the offer to buy and couldn't turn it down. the ZX12 is light and easy to hold up.

I dumped it because I was used to doing 250 maneuvers at low speed with a ZX1200. I was stupid.

The 250 is something I'm ready to get out of , but honestly I had a BLAST on that machine. I mean, It was so easy to handle that I could enjoy the ride fully. The zx12 was full concentration, all the time. Also enjoyable, but a challenge.

the real reason I was entertaining getting rid of it is because my gf doesn't like "The view from above" and will never ride with me. That means that all those rides I had planned will never happen because she won't get on the bike. And frankly, until I get 100% perfect with all my stops and slow-speed maneuvering, I wouldn't feel 100% taking a passenger.

I was looking for one bike that did it all. I didn't make the right choice. I'll either try again, or get 2 bikes. The ZX6 is on my list, but too expensive to get right now if I go the "2 bikes" route.

Because I've already fallen in love with the 650 Burgman for touring.

Oh yeah, and the R6 - Everyone has one. That's my only problem with them. May be a fine bike, but I'm not shopping for one. If I see one for a test ride, I'll consider it.

Suzukis, 500 to 1300 Busa, are shit bikes. The build quality sucks. The plastics don't fit, the materials are shit plastics that have been recycled 3 times. I was looking for a fit-and-finish bike because when I look down from the command position, I feel better knowing that the manufacturer designed and installed finishing panels, and didn't just cobble it together.
What the hell are you smoking?
I'm more so a Honda guy over a Suzuki, I happen to have a Suzuki because for 2007 the GSX-R1000 is the best bike IMO of the year. Honda being 2nd.

As far as fit and finish, I've had 3 Suzukis and they've all been great bikes never once have I thought well thats cheap.

3 weeks with a 1200R....i dont think i could have sold it that quickly...maybe 3-4 months.

I guess its more of an investment (not having to pay your co-pay every week) than it is a loss.

Well I've found that my next sport bike is going to be light and flickable. I'm thinking along the lines of an 86/87 Interceptor 500.

Or I was talking to an importer today about swapping motors on a Derbi GPR50.

cel if your considering the m50 do it. i bought one in the begining of the summer and i absolutly love this thing. handles awsome has plenty of power, my only complaint is that 5th gear is really close to 4th and it could have been made a little longer. hell i saw your other thread about the harley, don't do it. call me and i will let ya take mine for a spin and i am tellin ya you will fall in love

That thing is 4 kinds of ugly, but still a collector item.

My Collector Item thread is coming. After the Harley Scare I owe it to the forum to post pics before spitting out a thread...

... about the TWO bikes I bought this weekend.

Back