Whats Digital Camera Is Recomended?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

Im looking to get a fairly good digital camera for like under $100's. Any recomendation's? I just recently bought one off ebay for like $23's shipped , and the quality of the pictures is SHIT. The battery seems to die every 5 minutes. :( So any suggestion's would be appreciated. And could you post some pictures, to show the quality of the camera your refering to.

Thanks

a good camera will cost more than 100 . you want at LEAST 2.1 megapixels.. that'll get you a picture like this:

DCP_1103.JPG

2.1 is still pretty crappy.. and a decent digi cam costs way more than 100 bucks.. i have a sony cybershot 3.2 and cost about $400 with a walmart discount :lol:

oh yeah and if you want the good downlow go to www.techtv.com and go to freshgear. them nerds know everything.. hopes that helped.. peace

best bet is to get a Mavica. set u back about 1000.00 or so, but its well worth it.

i got a HP215 with 2.1 megapixels. if u want to see what 2.1 megapixels can do,
check out my site

since i dont do flash, owner decided to pay someone to put this crappy flash front page on it.......
MY original one was tight.

but goto Gallery, then Cars and check out the lexus, '00 si, and the gs400. all of those pics were taken with the hp215 2.1 megapixel.

word of advice, when the guy @ circuit city or best buy tells you that the camera has 10x zoom, MAKE SURE it is optical NOT digital zoom.

optical zoom is a true zoom. digital zoom does not work worth a fuck. i have NO idea what the purpose of digital zoom is.
you loose MEGA resolution when u use the digital zoom feature.

hope this helps

i am about to get a nikon coolpix 4300 or 5000 i cannot decide yet, but they are some of the better cameras i have seen out there, but the are up there in price the cheapest i have seen the 4300 is $375. My aunt who is a professional photographer uses nikon cameras and her two digital camera are a nikon D100 and a nikon cool pix 5700...
For a cheaper camera like around 200 bucks check out the nikon cool pix 2000 and 2500, i have seen the for cheap and they are actually really nice 2 megapixel cameras...

2.1 megapixel is enough for the average person's use. Dont expect high resolution photographs, but for taking pictures of your car,
and of your girlfriend topless (and more) in a las vegas hotel room, 2.1 megapixels is fine.

I have a Fuji FinePix 3800 3.2 megapixel with 6x optical zoom. The camera rocks. It ran $400 at Best Buy. You can record movies up to 40 minutes, with various resolutions. It uses those xd memory cards, the size of a penny. I have a 16mb and 128mb card and never run out of space. You can take like 400mp pictures on the 128 card or 1000 .3mp pictures (like 800x600 res, more than enough for web posting).
Here's an example of how good of a picture the camera takes: My car
What makes this camera so good is that it used hexagon pixels instead of traditional diagonal pixels, so you get much better resolution and detail.

You have to decide what you want to do ? what kind of pictures you want to take. If you want to take potraits, you want alot of megapixels. If you want to sell generic shit on ebay, you don't need more than $100 camera. If you want decent pics for say your vacations, family occasions, and some killer car pics, I would stick around 3.4 megapixels. You may also want to compare the shutter speeds when choosing a camera, the faster the better, especially if you want to take any shot of something moving, the faster it opens and closes, the better your picture will be. I shoot with a Nikon Coolpix 885 and it works great, its a 3.4 megapixel and I love it, the only downside is the fastest shutterspeed is 1/2000. BUT, this camera will only set you back about $325 if you catch it on ebay. The next step up might be a Coolpix 5000 which has great megapixels and the shutter is twice as fast. Just make sure you compare the specs when you narrow your search down.

I have a Sony Mavica MVC-FD91,it's pretty nice,but I don't know how much they are,it is my dads old camera.

Originally posted by Prowler@Mar 21 2003, 07:23 PM
I have a Fuji FinePix 3800 3.2 megapixel with 6x optical zoom. The camera rocks. It ran $400 at Best Buy. You can record movies up to 40 minutes, with various resolutions. It uses those xd memory cards, the size of a penny. I have a 16mb and 128mb card and never run out of space.

and here is an example of what the fuji 2800 finepix with 2.0 megapixels looks like....
s3e680961ec43b.jpg

as you can see, there really is no noticable diff. untill you step up into the 5 megapixel range....

and even that can be hard to distinguish between the 2.0 megapixels......

u do webdesign or something else that requires high res photos? get a 5 megapixel.

for everything else a 2.0 or thereabouts will do fine.

WHEREAS THIS PICTURE, WAS TAKEN WITH A HP315 2.1 DIGITAL CAMERA.

notice the resolution difference? my hp315 has less features than my fuji.....
[/color
s3e62ff3e32b8d.jpg

oh and another thing....in order for you photos to be "blown up"

meaning you want a huge print size....you need some special feature on the camera....i forget what its called..

goto CNET.com and research BEFORE you buy. you might find your needs outweigh your expectations.....

FUJI OWNS! their digicams cost less (feature for feature) and have great image quality. i own one :) to quote a magazine review, "it gives you more detail than you should ever wish for from a 1.3 megapixel camera" (referring to the fuji finepix a101). i used to be into digital photography. other good low-priced brands are nikon, sony, canon, olympus. here is a site you can checkout for reviews. also, some well-known professional photographers say the dont need any more than 2.1 megapixels.

http://www.photographyreview.com

here is a sample from my 1.3 megapixel fuji finepix 1300
s3e7bd5d280d75.jpg

Back