what's EG , EK and those other styles ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Exactly like the title says. i always see these but i'm not sure what they are. I've probably seen them a million times but i don't know which is which. Sme pics would be nice, just to clarify

ef = 88-91
eg = 92-95
ek = 96-00

its just a generalizeation, as for the most part, those are JDM chassis codes.

oh ok that makes it easier, i thought it might be different models, maybe JDM models or something. thanks

well, they are. but again, its a generalization

EG2 = del sol VTEC
EG6 = JDM civic VTI
EH6 = Civic hatch
EH2 = del sol Si

and all those fit into EG's. so like i said, its a generalization.
its all in the vin. read your vin. its like the 3rd charcter in...

JMEH6............. blah

hey this is off topic but why don't people actually import whole cars over here from Japan, does it cost way too much or what. that would be tight to have a right hand drive crx or hatch or sumthin

three letters----------DOT

all the glass has to be switched over, tires, bumpers, lights, probably a million things that i dont know about. and to get it registered it would be like a stack of papers taller than i am you would have to fill out. I've heard of places that will do it for you though, if you have the $$$.

Actually there are a couple Hondas already on the EPA's list of importable cars. Mostly the DX models, so that saves you about $2500 in emissions testing fees and the 3-5 month wait, but DOT still gonna tap that ass.

i have a friend that has imported some stuff and he just got a prelude legalized pretty easy and he a prelude for sale still i think he wants 7200 for it but it has body damage on both sides from being shoved in crate and yea they are h22 vtec

Back