Whats everyones favorite wheels on the EF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99-00 Si, Mugen RNR, or Rota RB. I'm on my phone or I'd post pics.
Edit: got em

4430076439_8d0b3f4d90_b.jpg
that car made me go from twelve to midnight

yeah for those that want that rim the konig rewind is similar to the r watanabe.

im not a hater of fake wheels but lets call them what they really are.....like not rota auto x but ssr type x.

By the way I have always loved these on crx's and hatch's. I knew a guy in the late 90s with these on his teal crx and it looked super clean. DP Enduros

moneyshot929.jpg

I know what they really are. I didn't like the Konig version much in any color when I compared them at the rim shop i used to work at. Something about the lip percentage. Maybe it was just in the size/offset I was looking at? Idk. Anyway, I figured they were more in a typical EF owners price range. I'll stick to calling them what model I'm actually talking about, thanks.

If you realize those are "imitation wheels", you wouldn't have problems seeing how they'd look(I believe Volk CE28N was the original, then came Konig Heliums):
CE28Ns:
Import20Alliance20Meet20281622928ed.jpg

Heliums:
100_0034.jpg

Nope. Look for Konig Lightning too. Same wheel. I almost bought a set of white ones from work for the Si. Nice wheels.

Oh and k2e2vin, you're looking up the wrong wheels. You might have better luck searching for the correct ones. Haha

Last edited:
:yes: I don't know how I didn't include those in my list. One of my favorite wheels. Form+Function=WIN!

Oh and k2e2vin, you're looking up the wrong wheels. You might have better luck searching for the correct ones. Haha
You should try figuring out the right imitation!
Drag DR-9
DR-9-2_BRONZE_FULL__25448_zoom.jpg

Konig Helium
konig_helium_bronze_lg.jpg

Volk CE28N
wheel02w.jpg

Konig Lightnings(note the hub):
konig.lightning-gld_d.jpg

Last edited:
I worked in a wheel distributor. Note the most obvious difference, spoke count. Adding spokes to a similar design is not a copy. So they are not even close to Konig heliums. If you had handled the wheels in person like i did on a daily basis you would know that not all sizes where one bolt pattern designs. For example the 16" Konig Lightnings I physically mounted on my car with my own hands not just looked at over the internet were 4x100 AND 4x114. Just like the volks you posted. so if you ever actually handle the wheels yourself, let me know. Id love to hear your take on them afterwards.

I've handled the DR9s and was able to compare them with the CE28Ns in person. Local shop here sells DR-9s, and a customer that was there at the same time had CE28Ns and one of the shop owners used to have CE28Ns on his S2000. It should be noted that not all the rims are exactly the same because they're available in different lug patterns and offset.

For example, these are Volk CE28Ns also:
ce28n.jpg

and DR-9s:
15-4x100-DRAG-DR9-RED-WHEEL-RIM-NISSAN-240SX-SENTRA-G20-for-sale_190505129567.jpg

*An imitation is not always an exact copy. Even though I've never ordered rims off the internet, I've had plenty of friends who were disappointed with their rim purchase due to it not looking like the pictures.

Last edited:
Stock photos are a bitch. You wouldn't believe the amount of returns we got because people just didn't like how a wheel they thought would look good on their car actually looked on their car. Luckily for them DTD takes returns almost without question. That's why I always went out and looked at the wheels before I just jumped on them. And always encourage everyone else to do the same if able.

Also, I feel you'll find more results looking for the "copies" to be honest. How many EF hatches you think are really rocking legit volks compared to copies. As long as they look similar, the OP gets what he's asking for.

Last edited:
What's DTD? The people I know just end up keeping them and/or trading locally because shipping is a hassle or the company doesn't do returns. I just stick with local meets and friends where I can mount them, etc. before buying.

Discount Tire Direct. They cover shipping both ways. They really go out of their way to please customers and will get you any wheel you want even if they don't carry them for a good price. Ship orders the same day as ordered too (unless its a special order of course.)

Oh and I've never seen them on an EF, but these are some sexy wheels IMHO.
konfor.brs.xl.jpg

Even come in pink, if you're into that kinda thing. :p
konfor.wps.xl.jpg

I know some Hello Kitty fans that might like that white/pink rim.

I didn't know DTD had that type of policy. I've only been there for tires; but I guess I'll start referring my friends to them.

Yea. I was a customer before I was an employee and it was cool to see the policies behind why I was always so satisfied in my dealings with them. The shops and the Distribution are of course part of one company, but you get your wheels faster through DTD. I no longer work there so I dont want to seem like I'm advertising for them, but from a customers standpoint I whole heartedly recommend them. They won't just sell you any set of rims and/or tires, they'll make sure that you get what you want, need, and will actually work for you and your application

Back