Whats everyones spring projects?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Just curious if you guys are just starting some sprintime goodies, or finishing up the old winter projects?

Me? well my car is going into the shop this coming Monday (the 8th) to fix the booboo care of bambi and a snow bank.

When she gets out, I'll have the Falkens mounted on the C8's and ready to go, and then the Tanabe's will be going on then too. Sorry to copy ya Eric :D But they arent the ones with the helper springs, so i didnt entirely copy you.

And this May I'll be moving back home, home = money, money means i can finally really have some fun.

-Chris

Right now i dont work full time, but i will be finished school the end of May. Then the madness can begin.

B18 rebuild and install on CRV transmission.
CRV rear end modification ( to eliminate gay honda AWD system and lock it in)
CRV rear end install
Widen civic stance ( 6 in longer LCAs and UCAs etc) and retune suspension
Custom fender flares, care of local sheet metal craftsman, for house the wider stance
fuel Cell
Exhaust
Windshield
New paint ( thinking Arctic Blue Pearl )
Rims ( gonna buy a friends BMW rims when he gets his new ones and have them powder coated black )
Turbocharger
Hondata

Needless to say, the car wont be driving for a while and it probobly will take longer then the spring season. But hey, everyone needs a hobby right.

obd0 to obd1 conversion with hondata. dyno tuned... again, this all depends on funding. if i run into a nice summer job... a bulletproof bottom end will be in the works.

oh yeah, i forgot to add that not to long after i get home, i should have enough money for the C1 swap.

sounds like we all got work to do, what about everyone else?

Here in a few days maybe.... Ill be putting my Dual over head cam ZC in my rex. And converting from automatic to manual. Other then that i dont have much planed, exept maybe movin to spokane to go to school. Alright everyone good luck with there projects and i hope they work out. Have a great day everyone.

Jeramy

mirage will get the finished suspension, and if money allows, the rest of the turbo parts. if not - i will be selling them for the same price i paid, and ill just buy an extreme turbo kit (fitted) for like 2500 from RPW. im hoping to get it painted in mid-april to early may....

btw, falkens are out. es100's are in.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Mar 3 2004, 10:30 PM

es100's may the new 'in'. but i didnt see anyone running them last year at auto x, and there were atleast 6 guys using the falkins.

if theyre good enough for clay. theyre good enough for mey :D

im building up my very first FRANKENSTIEN project. i just got my b16 vtec head in and my b16 si tranny im waiting on a ls block i got my tranny mounts and i got crower i beam rods and arias pistons my compression will be around 8.6-9.2 for future turbo hopefully im getting the hondata s200 and also got gsr water pump and belt new vtec valve cover intake manifold still looking for a good one also got gsr axles this will be put into my 96 ex civic im looking to turbo it before the end of the year. ill be finished with the build up ad swap ready to test by the next two months im working with my mechanic teacher after skol . best of luck to all you other ppl doing projects.

I am planning on fixing my shitty job I did on the body work, and then getting the car painted and put back together. Engine wise I will be building my Y8 block either high compression or a panda motor and junkyard turbo. Then I will probably sell the car for a g35 or M3(If my business takes off).
My truck will probably get a ladder rack :( but it should be worth it. If my truck doesn't get used for a hauler for my business then I am going to get all the chrome and body molding painted to match the body and going with 20 in Boyd Coddington Smoothie 2 or I will lift it and put 35's on it.

Originally posted by BlackFrog+Mar 3 2004, 10:36 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Mar 3 2004, 10:30 PM

es100's may the new 'in'. but i didnt see anyone running them last year at auto x, and there were atleast 6 guys using the falkins.

if theyre good enough for clay. theyre good enough for mey :D

clay will still be running falkens, since i "gave" him 2. :lol:

i was convinced to buy them after doing a great deal of research, and coaxing from a few friends. so far, i found them to be the same, except they run a bit more grip in the cold, and they arent so damn loud. april 4th will tell all! :D

my ctr swap is getting a bit of a makeover.......

b16b block
gsr crank
ib rods
ib 12.8:1 pistons
portflow head w/springs
JUN3 cams
hondata s200
rc440 injectors
anr header

still on winter build, cuz its still winter.......snow sucks. I have the cams, the head is at portflow, I have the crank and had it balanced and micropolished. The block is getting hot tanked and decked, honed and each piston matched to the cylinder. Couple more weeks of overtime and I'll be done.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2004, 10:43 AM
finish the sol

:bo: :bo:

That's gonna happen...yeah and I'm gonna buy a 2002 Camaro SS when it does... :blink:

What is my spring project? A 2nd job. Oh yeah. :)

Jeep....repaint the hood.

260Z...Find and paint hood, find tripple carbs, new clutch, LSD, new suspention.

CRX...pull and rebuild engine, new exhaust, bigger turbo.

AE86...paint panda color, rebuild engine, finish the project.

find a house and move.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Mar 4 2004, 11:40 AM
That's gonna happen...yeah and I'm gonna buy a 2002 Camaro SS when it does... :

better start saving. my tuner will be here 2nd week in may. it will be on the road before that.

If the weather holds off... the winter project will be completed this weekend. That being the turbo setup..

the spring project is the rest of the shit...
ES Bushings
SRR LCA's
KYB AGX's
JDM plate & plate mount
Quick Release Steering Wheel Hub
New Gauges
JDM Blitz Turbo Timer

and a bunch of other shit i got laying around

Back