whats going on wit this car????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Okay heres the problem. I have a 93 si and the problem i have is that everytime i turn on something electrical like headlights,rear defor,hold the brake pedal, turn on the heater.. etc.... My RPMS drop really low, like the car wants to die on me. I changed my battery and alternater... Still not fixed... Could anyone help me out on what could cause this!!!!!!

thanx Jazzy Jay

the helms tells you how to test it. buy the manual. its the best 7- bucks you could ever spend.

my best guess is somewhere a wire is grounded, so when it's turned on the voltage is going straight into ground instead of going to the electrical item you turned on.

Isn't there a main wire going from the battery to the fuse panel?

Originally posted by Jazzy19@Sep 29 2003, 12:19 AM
is there ne thing else i could do to test the voltage by myself???

You can guess all you want, but until you actually test (and there is a procedure) the ELD, you won't ever know.

I absolutely love how people want to fix their own cars, but refuse to buy the proper tools to do the job......

Buy a helm's manual

oooo - look at that.... I found one on ebay in less than 10 seconds..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...52&category=268

where can i get one of these books for less then $45. Which manual is it...there is like 4 different service manuals???

There is only 1 manual to get. HELM's

That's the OEM service manual, nothing else compares.

Retail is $75 for that book, so $45 is a great deal.

Back