Whats in your Wallet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
Always had big bulky leather tri-folds. My Carhartt one is completely worn out after only about 2 years which is pretty disappointing. It's just become so flimsy my credit cards and ID's just fall right out of the slots, especially the middle plastic slot where I keep my licenses and permits.

Decided to try something new and go much smaller:

This thing has 8 cards in it including my BJ's Club card, pistol permit, drivers license and various credit and debit cards Its extremely light weight and much smaller. So much easier to carry with less bulk and weight. I wish I went smaller a long time ago. Plus this thing will last much much longer. I probably end up having to buy a wallet every 4 years or so but I this thing should last, well, forever I would think

IMG_20150709_104124.jpg

IMG_20150709_105434.jpg

IMG_20150709_104223.jpg

IMG_20150709_104150.jpg

I used to have a coach wallet. Stayed in a place that had bed bugs down in Orlando, found a bug crawling out of the wallet and threw it away. Now I keep my cards in a pile in my backpack.. lol. I need a new wallet. :(

i'm not a fan of the money clip. too bulky to deal with some times to find a '5' in the middle, etc.

I rock a Big Skinny
http://www.bigskinny.net/

I never carry cash..i just happened to sell $340 worth of shit on Craigslist this week so I have some lol. How's your wallet holding up in terms of wear and tear? I am really surprised my Carhartt wallet wore out so fast...its definitely the least lasting wallet I have ever owned. pretty disappointed, almost feel like writing to the company.

I used to have a coach wallet. Stayed in a place that had bed bugs down in Orlando, found a bug crawling out of the wallet and threw it away. Now I keep my cards in a pile in my backpack.. lol. I need a new wallet. :(

uhmm fucking gross...I would have thrown my whole suite case full of clothes away. That is one thing that creeps me out is any sort of bug in a bed

uhmm fucking gross...I would have thrown my whole suite case full of clothes away. That is one thing that creeps me out is any sort of bug in a bed
Fucking gross is right. I also threw away all my other shit. That was an expensive trip.

no one ever became a millionaire by collecting credit card points.....

the big skinny is like nylon almost, ripstop material, ish. had it a year so far, looks like day 1.

Currently use a kangaroo bifold but am thinking about picking one of these bad boys up.

http://obstructures.org/work/thing/18/wallet-aluminum-plate

Probably the A2 variant. I bought my brother the A3 for Christmas and seems to enjoy it. I hardly every have my wallet in my pocket anyway.

those look nice, obviously being made of titanium or aluminum they will last forever. I originally wanted a metal wallet but really liked the carbon fiber one when I came across it

no one ever became a millionaire by collecting credit card points.....

the big skinny is like nylon almost, ripstop material, ish. had it a year so far, looks like day 1.

why would you pay cash for anything...I'll never understand...the only reasons I can think of is if you are a fugitive on the run or want to live off the radar or you are getting a huge discount on an item that make credit cards points irrelevant. I think it's just stupid to use cash when your credit cards give you cash back or points. It's simple...when you go to buy something for $50, instead of paying $50 cash, put $50 on your credit card, take the $50 cash you were going to use, pay your credit card off with it. You are screwing yourself by not using credit cards and loosing out on rewards.

Obviously I'm only referring to people who can pay the balance off every month without accruing interest. If you can't pay it off, then you are taking giant steps backwards. if you can manage on time payments all the time your in good shape.

I rebuilt my credit from when I lost my job several years ago and had outrageous credit card debt. I learned a pretty good lesson when my credit shot down to a 500. Credit card use got me in trouble, well about 75% of the balance was my ex fiancé's that I got stuck, which left me with about $8k of my own responsibility, but, I still paid it all off and rebuilt myself back up.

Now I have better control on how I use them and I benefiting greatly from credit cards. I sort of go by the rule of, if I don't have the cash for it, it's not going on my card. And I mean small items or items of $1500 or so.

This is where I stand today and my scores should climb to 800+ by this time next year unless something bad happens.

upload_2015-7-9_16-59-37.png

upload_2015-7-9_17-0-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-9_16-52-34.png
    upload_2015-7-9_16-52-34.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 156
  • upload_2015-7-9_16-54-48.png
    upload_2015-7-9_16-54-48.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 140
why would you pay cash for anything...I'll never understand

I'll never understand why people don't carry cash. I carry at least $20 at all times, usually $40. Obviously most people don't carry $50 or $100 around and would rather use cards for big purchases. I can think of a million reasons why I have cash.

I'll list why I have cash. nobody needs to argue my points like, "oh, I never use that" or "there are apps for sending people money". stfu lol

1. street food. Hot dog, tacos, etc. it's all over the place here in seattle
2. vending machines
3. split bar tabs. I went to hh just last night. 9 people. most bars/restaurants won't split the tab.
4. split cab fare
5. small store purchases like candy, soda, etc that don't take cards or require a minimum.
6. if someone goes to buy lunch, I don't have to give them my card. or if they text they are picking something up, I can give them cash.
7. bar hopping spending control
8. sports games and beer gardens. again, I don't want to give out my card to someone.
9. tipping, hotels, restaurants, baggage guys, cab drivers
10. bus fares (this is huge in seattle)

I have used cash for all of these within the last six months.

I'll never understand why people don't carry cash. I carry at least $20 at all times, usually $40. Obviously most people don't carry $50 or $100 around and would rather use cards for big purchases. I can think of a million reasons why I have cash.

I'll list why I have cash. nobody needs to argue my points like, "oh, I never use that" or "there are apps for sending people money". stfu lol

1. street food. Hot dog, tacos, etc. it's all over the place here in seattle
2. vending machines
3. split bar tabs. I went to hh just last night. 9 people. most bars/restaurants won't split the tab.
4. split cab fare
5. small store purchases like candy, soda, etc that don't take cards or require a minimum.
6. if someone goes to buy lunch, I don't have to give them my card. or if they text they are picking something up, I can give them cash.
7. bar hopping spending control
8. sports games and beer gardens. again, I don't want to give out my card to someone.
9. tipping, hotels, restaurants, baggage guys, cab drivers
10. bus fares (this is huge in seattle)

I have used cash for all of these within the last six months.

you left out strip clubs, but I guess you can stick that in there with tipping

I generally carry cash at all times. not hundreds of dollars, but 50-100 most the time

the coffee shop i go to doesn't take cards
toll booths (we don't have 'em in state, so having an easy pass is kinda lame for the occasional travel to mass/ny)
and when super storm sandy rolls in and the power goes out for 9 days, you're fucked. no cc, cash only.
the sushi place i go to like once a week with the gf gives you a free cali roll :)yawn:) if you pay cash.
pool league only takes cash for the ante
vending machines at work only take cash (even though i never use 'em)
waitresses prefect cash tips. even if i pay with my card, i'll often leave the tip in cash.
don't have to worry about forgetting to pay your tab or racking up 21312321 bill cuz you bought shots for everyone.
you tend to spend more on the card than you would if you paid per beverage, and that can be said for most things.

Wrap your brain around this:
by using your card, you are making the cost of everything 30 cents + 3% higher than it could be if everyone used cash.

I use cash most the time for ordinary purchases <100 bucks. The only place i strictly use my card is gas stations and at the wholesale club because its 5% back. i have stupid debt to income ratios on the books and my score is bigger than yours :D
Screenshot 2015-07-09 at 8.15.56 PM.png

i really like those bigskinny wallets. im going to pick one up!

also, ez-pass is never stupid. $25 investment, to at some point save you hours of time. i have one and i travel out of state every few months. worth it.

I generally carry cash at all times. not hundreds of dollars, but 50-100 most the time

i have stupid debt to income ratios on the books and my score is bigger than yours :D
View attachment 23679

debt to income ratio lol... I have two mortgages and two car loans on my credit report and only 1 income and you make more than I do

I have a Cashback card. It's benefits suck compared to the interest, especially after your basement floods and you have to drop 600 to repair your furnace twice in a year. I paid off 21,000 debt over the past three years, half that was credit card debt on surprise repairs and upgrading the house.

It's just easier to pay no interest on even the smallest balance.

My credit was where yours is now when I was 23 and only had one card with a 900 dollar limit.

Back