Whats Involved?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Feb 1 2003, 10:16 AM-->
@Feb 1 2003, 09:35 AM
as for the mounts....how will i no if there 2nd gen.

buy the mounts from HASport themselves, they only sell 2nd gen mounts now. In fact most HASport dealers probably on sell the second gen set.

yea.. you dont need to buy them from hasport, unless you feel like getting raped..lol.. here is a pic of the second gen mounts..
EKH1200.jpg

make sure its the aluminum ones.. with the BLACK inserts. I dont even think they made 1st gen ek mounts.. but if they did.. they would have the orange inserts and they are painted gray..and you dont want those.. and you have to wait for the hasport ones anyways cuz they arent selling them yet. good luck

thanx, precaite it...but does anyone no the difference in weight between carbon fiber fenders and stock....from what i read the stock hood weighs at 30lbs and the CF weights at 8....are the fenders the same kind of drop?

All I can really say is that I do not personally like HASport. HCP EG-22 mounts (available @ JDMshit.com) are just as good as the HASport mounts. Now I will admit that the HASport mounts are a little "flasher" with there little silver finish but you pay the costs. HASport mounts are $650 while HCP mounts are $350. Either company supplies an A/C braket if you plan to retain your A/C. Either mount kit you purchase you still have a good chance of snapping axles, its simply the angle of the axles, there is really no way around it other then getting custom axles made...which is highly recommended yet not cheap.

even with aftermarket axels that are a little stronger- the shitty angle still exists, leading to a breaking point that is higher than any b-series

Back