What's it worth $$

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Kelly Blue Book say $1800 but I feel that's just way out of touch w/ reality

Car in question
1991 Honda CRX DX
Miles: 104k (original car & motor)

Body: absolutely no rust anywhere, some dings, and as of recent a slight dent next to the Honda emblem, some jack ass tapped it in a parking lot.

JDM / CDM Rear Seat w/ seatbelts
Rota Sub zero rims (needs tires kuhmo spt's are kinda worn down)
KYB AGX Shocks w/ Neuspeed sport springs(55.20.07) 2.0f/1.8r
Cold air intake w/ K&N filter.
Header back 1-1/2" exhaust, high flow cat, high flow resonator, Hooker Aero Chamber muffler.

Sirius car kit installed, Pioneer Head unit.

other than that she's stock.

I'm just feeling out what it might be worth as I've come to a point in life were I'm entertaining the idea of buying a Mini Cooper S or Jeep Wrangler Sport S, if I can't get what I feel it's worth I might just put her in storage and save it for my daughter to drive in 11yrs.

P1020918.jpg

P1020914.jpg

Last edited:
I say just save it for your daughter. They're not going to make any more cars like it, at least doesn't seem like they will in America. It gets good mileage, runs nice, and by the time she's driving and done with it, the value will go up and she can sell it and get a nice modern car.

Forgot to mention it has a rear seat from either a CDM or JDM vehicle.

nice rex...i would keep it, but if you must part with it i would put 3600 o.b.o...by the way its very clean...

KBB doesn't consider any type of after-market stuff, or any type of collecter's value, desireability, or "mod-ability", so it probably is an accurate price for a CR-X of that year and that condition. What you're able to sell it for is just going to depend on who wants a CR-X, how much they're willing to pay, and if they like the particular combination of mods that you've put on it.

If you're going to sell then I'd start it at $3,500 - $4,000 and see if anyone bites...

I bet someone would snipe it for up to 4500 on craigslist. crx'es in good condition are rare.

that said, don't buy a Heep.

Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping I would see people give values in the $3k range. When I do start looking at a newer vehicle I'll try starting at $4500 and working down from there.

on a side note why not buy a Jeep ?

Also forgot to mention the timing belt, water pump, belts , houses etc... were replaced at 90k

J-ust
E-mpty
E-very
P-ocket

I have owned 3 of them a CJ, YJ and a TJ all are fun but expensive to maintain because you break them all the time

Doubt I'll be breaking it all the time. I would mainly be commuting to work 8mi round trip. I can say that there is a 0.01% chance of going off-roading. Unless you call deem parking on the lawn at the mall in the winter when there's no parking spaces off-raoding. Other than commuting I'm sure the wife would like to have the top and the doors off and go out for a cruise to the beach or something but that's about the extent of it.

Jeep hasn't made a good wrangler in 17 years. off roading or not, they just suck all around.

horrible on gas, ride like crap, expensive as hell for bare bones sheet metal of a vehicle, good luck strapping in car seats to a roll bar...., easy to break in to, and on and on and on.

All vehicle have to have the LATCH car seat system in them so it may be a pain in the ass to get it in but once in it should be fine.

Back