What's it worth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

90B16a1si

I'm fixing up this car step by step and just curious of what you guys think the value will be when its done.

90 civic si hatch
excellent body
original but nice paint
near perfect interior
sir b16 with 55k (new timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires)
Ys1 trans ( I think, but maybe not)
Quaife LSD
Short shifter
hasport mounts (of course)
PW0 ecu
coilovers (tokico shocks/eibach springs)
complete new front suspension (bearings, all joints, etc..)
new brakes
corbeau racing seat
headers
Jvc cd
2 amps
16 inch rims "5 star" with new nitto 450s
everything works but ac is removed

soon to be added:
performance exhaust of some sort
sub
front speakers

I don't stop until my cars are nice. Just wondering how far backwards I will be.

1000 90 civic si hatch

1500 sir b16 with 55k (new timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires)
500 Ys1 trans ( I think, but maybe not)
500 Quaife LSD
20 Short shifter
300 hasport mounts (of course)
100 PW0 ecu
300 coilovers (tokico shocks/eibach springs)
200 complete new front suspension (bearings, all joints, etc..)
100 new brakes
200 corbeau racing seat
100 headers
200 Jvc cd
200 2 amps
400 16 inch rims "5 star" with new nitto 450s

200 performance exhaust of some sort
50 sub
50 front speakers

Prices I would guestamate after they are installed and used on a car...they might cost more to buy, but once installed they loose their value. And the car doesn't sell for the full price you put into it...I dumped $7K's into an AE86...and I only got $3Ks back out of it...

Totaled up...about $6800..you prolly spent more than that....but buying a modded car..expect to only see about $4Ks coming back to you. Save the receipts and get it properly insured...and if it gets stolen or wrecked...then you will prolly see more come back to you..

Nice job. I agree. If It was worth a solid $4,000 that would be great.

"Two thousand nine hundred seventy six dollars and thirteen cents" seems low and strangely too exact. I am sure, however, that it was based on a complex equation that I wouldn't understand.

Truth be told, In Soviet Russia, there is no value, because the value is frozen!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have actually been looking for a body since I sold my last 90 si over 2 years ago. This is the first one I have seen (for sale or not) that is nicer than the one I sold. No rust on a michigan car is really unheard of.

If you guys say $3K than $4K is probably realistic to someone who isn't as well versed. I am also a rotary guy and I wouldn't pay near as much for most as what they sell for.

My last red si had one silver dollar sized rust hole, was totally stock except for intake and exhaust, and had a blown exhaust gasket I did not try and hide. (I don't tollerate that shit) An educated car guy came with a honda mechanic and he paid $2100 for it. I was actually a little surprised but he really wanted it.

Drove the car to get an alignment today and it is a blast. Reminded me of why I wanted it in the first place. Totally different than the rx7.

Also, there aren't many hondas or imports in general available here in northern michigan. Most of them are being hogged by the coasts.

Well...if your in the Michigan area...Then goto Redpepperracing.com...and look up CRXfanantic or Bullet....they also are hard core Honda guys and they can help you in more ways than one. They also have a knack for finding decent shells for other projects...

Thanks! I've lived up here for almost ten years and all of my friends drive junkers and are metal heads. Nothing against them, I'm just not one of them. It would be nice to meet some car guys. they have a miata club up here but they are seriously a bunch of rich pansies.

EF hatchs don't ever seem to be worth much...take the same parts, but them in a CRX, and it doubles the value

i dunno why...i mean i love crx's...but no way in hell i'd ever drop $6k for one.

Didn't need another two seater. loved my 89 crx but it rusted out. I would still have it otherwise. I hate rust.

Totaled up...about $6800..you prolly spent more than that....but buying a modded car..expect to only see about $4Ks coming back to you. Save the receipts and get it properly insured...and if it gets stolen or wrecked...then you will prolly see more come back to you..

Once a civic always a civic.

I totalled up everything and I should have about $4200 in it when "finished". Of course, that is pre-turbo. And that is with selling the corbeau.

I know these cars aren't worth a ton, but they sure are fun. The handling is remarkable and that's with four adults (two of whom are well over 200lbs). And once the kinks are worked out, it should be pretty reliable. Until the turbo, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back