Whats my setup capable of??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

would appreciate your help,need some proffesional advice im from the U.K
Anyway im a bit upset because after all the money i have spent in my car i spoke to some hondata dealers here who say that they can only tune my car to 280whp-300whp, i was looking more on the lines of 350-400whp. my setup is:-
1993 civic b16a2
6 puck clutch /7.5 lbs fidanza flywheel
CP pistons 9.01 compression & 81.5mm bore
eagle h-beam rods
Revhard log manifold
garrett T3/T4E turbo with specs .60 .63 a/r 57trim with stage 3 wheel
RC 550cc injectors & walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Tial External Wastegate with open dumptube
Fmic 26x6x3" & 2.5" intercooler piping
3" exhaust and 3" downpipe
greddy bov.

Is it possible that i can achieve that goal of around 400whp, because the response i get from the tuners is the stock sleeves will only take 300hp, how much boost is my car capable of??

would appreciate your help thanks.

Its all in the tuning process, but I would agree with what you have heard from other tuners. 300+ HP from stock sleeves is asking too much, but thats just my $.02.

it can be done. tuning is key. good luck with it though.

its honestly is all about tuning. If you want some big numbers you can get them, just don't expect the motor to last long. But if you want reliability, throw back the timing a few degrees and run rich along the lines of 11:1. You'll get less hp, but you can atleast have some piece of mind that the setup will last. Any dyno shop will tell you that. Detonating a few times will kill your motor and running a motor at 12.1 and timed for best power will eventually do that. also IMHO, I think 300whp is that max stock sleeves will go, since you overbored the sleeves a little bit out already I'd be scared to run more than 300 on that bottom end. Just run about 13 lbs and do what I said above, that should get you close to 300whp.

Best words of advice though is as SOON as you get that thing running, stay OUT of boost and get it on a dyno... even it trailer it there if you can.

The turbo is smallish and the Log manifold is a complication. An equal length manifold actually helps a lot when you get into that hp range (trying to keep a good pressure ratio for as long as possible).

you can easily hit 400 whp off that set up on c16.

but you will probably only do it once or twice before it blows up.

550's aren't big enough.
the sleves won't hold it - especailly because you made them even thinner by boring them.
the manifold won't flow enough
the turbo will be topped out and out of its efficiency range after liek 18 psi

300 is a high goal IMO for your setup
275 would be what i would set as a max SAFE aim.

go more if you wish, but if it were my car, i wouldn't consder it.

My friend has a 00' Si, stock sleeves,arias pistons,eagle rods, clutch, flywheel, hondata s200b, and a sfp mani with t3/t4 and 2 1/2 inch exhaust and put down 346 at the wheels on 15 pounds, and another friend with stock sleeves but a ls/vtec, and full-race kit, mase tuned, put down like 420 whp

lol like a lot of intelligent people say on this site..once u get past 250 275 whp...that extra horsepower u gain isnt going to help much..its just for "stats"...250 horsepower to the wheels is MORE than enough to get you 12's or even 11's (if you are a good driver,and have a good power to weight ratio) in the QM...275 is cool...but anymore than that..your just gonna be eating up tires,and wasting precious gear time...you should start by aiming at 200 whp..that way,when u get to 225 or 250...or maybe even 275 (if your lucky..tuning is the key)..u will be suprised..and realize..u didnt need 300 or 400 whp to beat someone or get 12's

the thing is my car is an civic EG9 so weight wise im not exactly lightweight :( , im planning on running street tires and wanna get myself in early 12s.
im wondering whether 300whp is enough to get me there?
also do you think i would be safe at 17psi at about 11.5-12 afr?? <_<

for air/fuel I'd run no leaner than 12:1. I'd try and get it to around 11.5:1 for reliablilty. Even though you make best power at 12.1, I wouldn't go near it.
Also, 17psi of boost is quite high for those sleeves, don't expect that setup to last long.

Bullshit. I bet I hit well under 12.99 on DOTs on my setup with a 75 shot. And I bet I spent less than $3,000. :ph34r:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 16 2004, 12:52 PM
Bullshit. I bet I hit well under 12.99 on DOTs on my setup with a 75 shot. And I bet I spent less than $3,000. :ph34r:
[post=417681]Quoted post[/post]​

lol....dude...look at your last posts...You dont even hit 12's on your setup....That sucks...HOLD on ...and You probably have more than 3 grand on it...

You have a big mouth,,....ShUT Up! :fucktard:

Originally posted by Estorvito+Nov 17 2004, 07:05 AM-->
sohcslammer
@Nov 16 2004, 12:52 PM
Bullshit. I bet I hit well under 12.99 on DOTs on my setup with a 75 shot. And I bet I spent less than $3,000.  :ph34r:
[post=417681]Quoted post[/post]​

lol....dude...look at your last posts...You dont even hit 12's on your setup....That sucks...HOLD on ...and You probably have more than 3 grand on it...

You have a big mouth,,....ShUT Up! :fucktard:
[post=418154]Quoted post[/post]​

My motor isn't done yet dumb fuck. How's your 4 door? :lol:

Back